Derek Carr out 2-6 weeks

pwny

12 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Even if Carr comes back for KC, does anyone have confidence he can do anything against them? I sure don't. He has never played well against KC or Denver. We can blame Amari, we can blame Todd Downing, but fact is Carr shrinks when it comes to games like those. I saw Kirk Cousins last night make plays against KCs defense that should have won them the game. Carr can't even function 

His stats will always be pretty, but Carr hasn't proven to be a big game QB yet. There were throws against Denver that he just flat out missed, or didn't even attempt to throw because he plays scared. I love him as our QB and he is our franchise, but if we're being honest he's overrated right now.

It's certainly something to keep an eye on. He certainly seems to shrink in big games. Which is odd, because he also has played big, poised and dominate in come back wins.

I agree, he missed some throws against Denver. He's too quick to get the ball out. He's not poised in the pocket the last 2 weeks. Not sure what's going on with him

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's certainly something to keep an eye on. He certainly seems to shrink in big games. Which is odd, because he also has played big, poised and dominate in come back wins.

I agree, he missed some throws against Denver. He's too quick to get the ball out. He's not poised in the pocket the last 2 weeks. Not sure what's going on with him

I think he gets in his head and plays safe. He doesn't want to screw up so he checks down and gets short completions. It also doesn't help that the WRs couldn't catch a cold. 

I think the whole Carr isn't mentally tough is a narrative that's not really founded. I mean the dude would have set a record for most comeback wins a year ago if it wasn't for stafford. You can't do that if your not mentally tough. Dude just needs to settle down and play the game. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

I think he gets in his head and plays safe. He doesn't want to screw up so he checks down and gets short completions. It also doesn't help that the WRs couldn't catch a cold. 

I think the whole Carr isn't mentally tough is a narrative that's not really founded. I mean the dude would have set a record for most comeback wins a year ago if it wasn't for stafford. You can't do that if your not mentally tough. Dude just needs to settle down and play the game. 

Agree. He's got the yips. It's odd to me, because those comebacks you mention and the first 2 weeks, he looks poised, confident and in control of the offense. The last 2 weeks, he looks skittish and rattled. Like he doesn't know where to go with the ball or he's getting out to quick and not letting things develop.

Always concerning to me because I remember Chief players last season talking about how when pressured, he rattles easy. Certainly seems the case with them and in the last couple weeks. 

23 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Except the games they won. 

We we need to put things in perspective. Denver is a dang good defense that humiliated the cowboys and almost beat the bills. The Redskins have been dominating great offenses with the Rams and chiefs. Heck last night they kept the chiefs down until injuries set in. 

In other words the offense has played some really good defenses the last few weeks and two playoff teams. They're 2-2 not 0-4. If Manuel can weather the storm and go .500 the Raiders will be in good shape. 

Above all though I don't want Carr to comeback early. I'd rather miss playoffs this season than watch him have back problems for the next 5 years. 

After 4 weeks, our offense is 28th in YPG. Even if they played 2 good Ds, they shouldn't be this low. Our offense had the potential to be a top unit coming into the season and that's clearly not the case at this point.

21 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

After 4 weeks, our offense is 28th in YPG. Even if they played 2 good Ds, they shouldn't be this low. Our offense had the potential to be a top unit coming into the season and that's clearly not the case at this point.

Why not? The Raiders got TO's on their side of the field in the Redskins game. Same with the Jets. Of course the ypg isn't going to be very high if you don't have to march down the field. After 2 weeks of scoring  one td each they are still 12th in TDs. They can still score. The thing is they have played two really good defenses on the road. The Redskins could win the NFC East and mile high has historically been one of the hardest places for teams to play. The Bronco's are #1 in yards allowed and the Redskins are #10. So yeah they will be hard to move the ball on. Is this concerning? Yeah it totally is but it this week 5...there are still eleven more games in the season. The Raiders also have the Ravens, Chargers, Dolphins , Bills and Chiefs before the bye. Most of those games are at home. They could easily go 3-2 without Carr maybe even 4-1, at 6-3 or 5-4 at the bye they are still in it for the playoffs. I'm not writing off the offense just yet after a rough two weeks.

23 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agree. He's got the yips. It's odd to me, because those comebacks you mention and the first 2 weeks, he looks poised, confident and in control of the offense. The last 2 weeks, he looks skittish and rattled. Like he doesn't know where to go with the ball or he's getting out to quick and not letting things develop.

Always concerning to me because I remember Chief players last season talking about how when pressured, he rattles easy. Certainly seems the case with them and in the last couple weeks. 

Perhaps this injury is a blessing in disguise. Maybe he can find himself come back and be dominate.

Expectations are really high for the Raiders, I mean it can't be easy to hear that you could have gone to the super bowl if you weren't injured. They may deny it but I'm sure they think that the if the Raiders win in DEN last season they have the 2 seed. I'm sure it's in the back of his head, he's now a $125 million dollar man, he has to make plays and win. He just needs to settle down and pretend he's in his backyard throwing passes to his brothers. It'll be difficult because he's hyper competitive, his brother once told a story about how they where playing pool basketball and Derek lost. The next week Derek brings Mack and I think Patterson to play on his team...suffice to say they won.

26 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Penn said yesterday that Carr told him he was WAY ahead of schedule. I guess he wasn't lying. I still want to be very careful as I'm sure the coaches and front office does as well.

He should sit this week and probably next week, but it wouldn't shock me to see him play next week.  I think two games is the most we see him miss if he is already throwing.

6 minutes ago, daineraider said:

He should sit this week and probably next week, but it wouldn't shock me to see him play next week.  I think two games is the most we see him miss if he is already throwing.

I agree you with the little info we have. I think a big thing will be how the back reacts to the workouts and practice. He could wake up and be wreaked. Has happened to me a few times years ago when I had back issues.

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I agree you with the little info we have. I think a big thing will be how the back reacts to the workouts and practice. He could wake up and be wreaked. Has happened to me a few times years ago when I had back issues.

Yeah, backs can be the worst to deal with, but based on what I've heard about his injury it's all up to his pain tolerance.  It shouldn't get much worse by playing, but he needs to be somewhat comfortable to be able to throw correctly.  We need him back soon and playing better if we want any shot at keeping up with KC or Denver.

2 hours ago, daineraider said:

Yeah, backs can be the worst to deal with, but based on what I've heard about his injury it's all up to his pain tolerance.  It shouldn't get much worse by playing, but he needs to be somewhat comfortable to be able to throw correctly.  We need him back soon and playing better if we want any shot at keeping up with KC or Denver.

I agree that our best team is with him at QB. But we also want him healthy. You here that line about it not getting worse but that doesn't jive in almost every case that I can think of. You can't tell me that a minor hit to the back that would normally be no problem if he had no injury won't make this worst. I don't buy it. And we need him healthy for the long run. He needs to sit till he's 100 percent. The next man needs to step up. I have more confidence in EJ than I had in McG. If we lose him again we'll really have no shot at keeping up with the division. Rather we take the time now.

10 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I agree that our best team is with him at QB. But we also want him healthy. You here that line about it not getting worse but that doesn't jive in almost every case that I can think of. You can't tell me that a minor hit to the back that would normally be no problem if he had no injury won't make this worst. I don't buy it. And we need him healthy for the long run. He needs to sit till he's 100 percent. The next man needs to step up. I have more confidence in EJ than I had in McG. If we lose him again we'll really have no shot at keeping up with the division. Rather we take the time now.

I agree with this. The coaches need to step in and have him shelved at least a week or 2. I could see Carr wanting to comeback too early and screwing himself up. Especially if they beat the Ravens. 

We need to get Carr back when he is 100 percent healed, not a second before.  He is too critical to the success of our team. 

All of this negativity surrounding Carr is completely unfounded.  Carr is a top 5 QB in the NFL right now and if I was starting a franchise from scratch he would be one of the top 3 QB's off the board.  The only other ones I could possibly see going before Carr are Rogers and Luck.  We are very lucky to finally have a stud, franchise QB.  Is he perfect no but he is young has all the skills one would want in a QB and is a solid leader.

Archived