3 Ups and 3 Downs WFT vs. Eagles

MikeT14

As I’ve said all offseason it’s clear this is an evaluation year for our young players. Guys like Apke, Christian and Martin have a while to improve but if they don’t they’ll be replaced. They just have to play better. Apke was way too flat footed as a FS, he has good speed and made some nice tackles after struggling early on tackling vs Goddert but his reaction time was not up to snuff.

Christian & Martin’s techniques were bad, the good thing is that that can be fixed with coaching, the problem is we don’t have anytime to wait. Charles & Scherweitzer can’t get healthy soon enough.

Does anyone know what Scherweitzer’s injury is? I never heard what it was, I know Charles has the calf issue which has seemed to keep him out a month of practice now and he missed the first game.

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Even still, Ertz and Goedert did a number on us early.  We still don't have any linebackers to handle these tight ends without some serious help.  We saw an interesting turnaround with the defense in the second half, and it will be interesting to see how we handle Arizona's offense

That was early, they made an adjustment when they started putting 3 safeties in the game and bracketing they TEs. It’s called adjustments and it worked, we should be praising that.

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Even still, Ertz and Goedert did a number on us early.  We still don't have any linebackers to handle these tight ends without some serious help.  We saw an interesting turnaround with the defense in the second half, and it will be interesting to see how we handle Arizona's offense

People act like this is only a problem for our football team. Almost every LB in the NFL can’t cover elite pass catching TEs. Remember how Jordan Reed used to make opposing LBs and even most SSs looks silly?

This is not something that’s easily solved. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Does this qualify as a down? Logan Thomas misses two blocks on one run play. Ugh 😫 

Watch Haskins and the back get their feet tangled- throws the timing completely off. The first block shouldn't have been even needed . The second guy- I'm thinking Thomas thought the back was right on his heels . Plus Sweat coming straight up the middle almost blows it up right away .

Edited by RSkinGM