GDT: vs. Falcons - 09/20 @ 1:00pm -- Home Opener

Texas_OutLaw7

2020-cowboys-vs-falcons.jpg

We are on to the Falcons.

• Diggs vs Ridley & Julio - much tougher matchup for the rookie.
  • Both teams lost, neither can really afford to start off 0-2. Quinn is coaching for his job. Expect the Falcons to bring it.
  • Falcons had a pretty decent pass-rush. Will Steele become Chaz?
  • Can we score over 20 points and get half a 40 burger?
  • Will the defense learn what a stop is?

Tune in next time to see how our hero's face this challenge.

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Let's get some our foes in here:
@scar988 - @naptownskinsfan - @dcat - @FalconAttack - @falcfan4life - @FalconFan13 - @Malfatron

How are you folks liking AJ Terrell thus far? He was a player Dallas was looking at.

Terrell wasn't bad in his first game. A couple of small lapses, but he was there to make the tackle, so not all bad. Still has some questions, but early results were promising.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Curious to see if Falcons attack our LBs. They are not good.

Gurley, Hurst and Hill will be a large component to attacking the LBs. I'm expecting an angle route from Gurley a couple times in this one.

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We are on to the Falcons.

• Diggs vs Ridley & Julio - much tougher matchup for the rookie.
  • Both teams lost, neither can really afford to start off 0-2. Quinn is coaching for his job. Expect the Falcons to bring it.
  • Falcons had a pretty decent pass-rush. Will Steele become Chaz?
  • Can we score over 20 points and get half a 40 burger?
  • Will the defense learn what a stop is?

Tune in next time to see how our hero's face this challenge.

Ridley and Julio are amazing. But don't undersell Hurst or Gage in this game. Both have been very good in camp and had solid outings against the Seahawks.

Agreed. Falcons will be more motivated this week.

Takk went out of his mind this past week. If Steele is Chaz, expect Fowler and Takk to have a lot of fun.

You can probably score 30 points just fine.

IDK. I don't think either defense is any good.

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Curious to see if Falcons attack our LBs. They are not good.

I said it before ill say it again. We paid for mediocrity in Jaylon and expected too much of LVE. Like I said when we drafted him, he is a great fit, but i dont see anything special. Many here called me.blind, but when LVE has been healthy, his best trait is his tackling in the gaps. Thats not first round pick material. And Jaylon? We paid him as a star. Whrn he is really middle of the pack. It all comes fullcircle and yet again im left pointing out that i said it all along 😛

Know the other time the team.doled out lots of big contracts to average players who had a good.season or two? When the team went 8-8, 8-8, 8-8. You get what you pay for. We paid middle of the pack players, and wd had a middle of the pack record. Miles Austin, Leonard Davis, marion barber, jay ratliff, bradie james, gerald sensabaugh. Kyle kosier, some kicker i forget. Anthony spencer, andre gurode. Blahblahblah. Average players who had a good year, who were mostly carried by Romo and a few other actual good players, and set our cap back and the team.back for years.

this is a repeat of that error. Collins as a RT? More average than good. Jaylon? Average. Cooper? Star who disappears too often, making him more average than star. Crawford? Average player paid out of desperation at the position. LVE? Spent a quality pick on an average player with inflated production due to how often teams ran at him, and he will probably get paid like a star. LAWRENCE, yes LAWRENCE, above average rusher who got paid like he was DeMarcus Ware after a very good season and a pretty good season, and it now kills us. Bailey? Good kicker, was paid like an alltime great. On and on and on.

its a repeat of that same error bro. And it breaks my heart.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

11 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Interested to see these outside receivers step up. Atlanta plays the slot well, and the middle of the field is tough to throw in with their linebackers and cover style. Mid range to the outside is key vs them. Can coop and gallup separate enough and be physical enough to do so?

That's what I'm wondering as well. Falcons have young, but talented corners in Sheffield, Terrell and Oliver. They will be tested often this week.