GDT: vs. Falcons - 09/20 @ 1:00pm -- Home Opener

Texas_OutLaw7

Playoffs, 9-7, 0-2, ugh! I hate to feel this way but again, I am really, truly hoping this was a "week 1-no preseason" issue.

But DAMN! We were getting pushed all over the field. Tackling was a big issue, blocking was atrocious as was the play calling.

Does anyone else get the impression that these coaches and players are sort of taking this as a "I only work when I'm on the clock" attitude?

To give a comparison, when Jimmy Johnson was the coach, I remember stories of him jogging at 6 am with the entire coaching staff discussing gameplans, making adjustments to the roster, etc. It was like he was in every waking moment of everyone involved.

I looked at this team Sunday and saw the same lethargic, uninspired, I'm on the clock approach to the game as I saw the past 10 years.

So disappointing.

Interesting if it wasn’t for the terrible call at the end we would indeed have three WR pacers for a 1000.   Can they figure out how to give Dak time to make throws down field.  I think why we didn’t see more play action against Rams was because how much Donald disrupted the middle   Now I hope we have a easier time of it against Falcons.   

On D almost opposite problem then the rams. ATL has a high set of WR it will be a huge test of our secondary.   But the other side this sets up a rebound game from our front 4.   Soooo if we don’t get 4 sacks I don’t see a win unless we get 2-3 turn overs.  And on offense. We need to do close to 40% on 3rd down.  And TD’s in red zone