GDT: vs. Falcons - 09/20 @ 1:00pm -- Home Opener

Texas_OutLaw7

15 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Tracking error of 100% there. I'd put that at 94% or so at this point. You factor in a 15% chance of recovering an onside kick and Dallas scoring pre-onside kick, which was likely. To put that at 99.9% just shows these algocrunchers have no idea what their doing.

Recovering an onside kick is far less than 15% with the new rules. It hovers around 5% at best. It’s nearly impossible to do at this point.

19 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Recovering an onside kick is far less than 15% with the new rules. It hovers around 5% at best. It’s nearly impossible to do at this point.

It's not 5%, but even if it is, it's 50/50 that Dallas scores a TD pre-onside. Maybe 30%TD/60%FG/10% Turnover pre-onside. That's like 98% at worst. Under no circumstances should that be 99.9%. That is a HUGE difference statistically.

3 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

So I wonder why @TheGame316 has suddenly gone dark? Dak have a prefect game...by no means. I'm certainly not a Dak nut hugger. 

But I do wonder why you're not in here bashing him at this point?

Probably because he didn't do anything that I didn't expect

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/29963-gdt-vs-falcons-0920-100pm-home-opener/page/23/

Way back before the half on page 23 I posted this

"It's also a blowout, so there's no pressure right now, so I expect to see about 250 yards passing in the 2nd half"

So, true to form. Team gets buried, pressure is off, Defense relaxes, Dak puts up big numbers against a laid back/prevent/garbage time defense

The only thing that was miscalculated is THREE Falcons not knowing the rules and not jumping on the ball before letting it travel 10 yards

Any of them know how to play football and it's a 39-37 loss where Dak had huge numbers but played mediocre football for at least a half and into the 3rd quarter

In the end, Cooper made a huge catch, Gallup made the kind of catch on the kind of throw I have been screaming at Dak to attempt (Let your receivers make a play) for weeks

And it was the Falcons, Superbowl Aside, The Seahawks put up 38 against them last week. Our offense should be expected to do the same, at a  minimum

Do the coaches still suck? Is the defense still awful (remember the offense did give 5 turnovers) and the offense had a lot of short drives in the first half

3 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

So I wonder why @TheGame316 has suddenly gone dark? Dak have a prefect game...by no means. I'm certainly not a Dak nut hugger. 

But I do wonder why you're not in here bashing him at this point?

So, if we believe in Dak, we are "nut huggers"

damn.. 40 points 450 yds. game winning drives, a VICTORY!!

the least you could do is a reach around!!

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

So, if we believe in Dak, we are "nut huggers"

damn.. 40 points 450 yds. game winning drives, a VICTORY!!

the least you could do is a reach around!!

Calm down old man. 😉😛

All i meant was, for me anyway, is I'm a realist. I try to stay even keeled and be realistic as possible. Is Dak our savoir, no. Is Dak a bottom half QB, certainly not. It's a team game. Not everyone realizes how diffuclut it is to play QB inthis league. If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Does he have what it takes to win a SB, of course. So do countless other QB's. But it 's a team game. And it takes an incrediable amount of good fortune and several variables to come together at the right time to do it. Look at Philly, 2 years ago.

But I've been saying it for several years, as have a few others here. Dak is by far the least of our concerns overall as a team.