GDT: vs. Falcons - 09/20 @ 1:00pm -- Home Opener

Texas_OutLaw7

11 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Did the fact that they won make his first 2 1/2 quarters better in hindsight?

Was Dak playing Rope-A-Dope getting the Falcons right where he wanted them and then played his strategy out to perfection in the second half, right up to and including the onside kick and I just missed it?

Do we have the best coaches in the league?, making on the fly adjustments turning a 29-10 deficient in to a win? The same Kellen Moore everyone hated through 40 minutes all of a sudden called an offense good for nearly 600 yards and 40 points?

Or is it more likely the Falcons got complacent, laid off and in the end got burned?

The Falcons clearly were not rushing Dak as much in the second half as they were in the first half. He didn't see nearly as much pressure

I give him credit for continuing to play, albeit he was finally making the kinds of throws I've been clamoring for in the 3rd and 4th quarter, chucking it and trusting his WR's to make a play (but that's also my complaint, He only does that when he feels he has nothing to lose)

I think it's more likely the Falcons had their starting LB get hurt halfway through the 2nd quarter, lost their best pass rusher for the day at the end of the first, and lost the intelligence of the defense in the middle of the 2nd. Without Oluokun, Takk and Allen in there and replacing them with Dennard, Walker and Means, the Falcons went from guys who have impact abilities to guys who are replacement level talents. It is what it is, but that's the biggest part that hurt. It also didn't help that McGary went down with a knee injury after having one of his best starts in a game.

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:
Yes, I am good with referring to this moment as the Texas Twister.

I seem to be the only one in this camp, but I think people are being entirely too harsh on the Falcons.

This was a brilliant kick. It is spinning fast, and it doesn't look like it will make it the full 10 yards until the last second. If a Falcon tries to fall on it at 8 yards but it squirts out because of the spin, they'd be getting crucified because "it wasn't going to go 10 yards!"

This put so much pressure on the receiving team, especially when you consider that it was the first time ever seeing an onside kick like this. So smart, and an absolutely perfect kick by Legatron. Credit goes to Dallas on this.

But I do have one question... what are Armstrong and March doing?! Thank god for Goodwin, because it didn't look like our other players wanted to recover the ball.

• Like 1