James Harden traded to Brooklyn

NYRaider

Should the Rockets trade James Harden?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Rockets trade Harden?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Harden is the only star who gets knocked for not winning in the playoffs. It’s crazy the narrative about him. He hasn’t won it all, but seriously not many guys have. 

That's true, but I just don't know if his play style is conducive to winning a title. 

22 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Harden is the only star who gets knocked for not winning in the playoffs. It’s crazy the narrative about him. He hasn’t won it all, but seriously not many guys have. 

Um, I'm pretty sure the guy in my avatar also gets knocked for the last two failures

• Like 2

I think one destination place could be Miami, they have great clubs so Harden could go straight to the club in his uniform after the game! 😂 

No, but for real, Miami can give the Rockets back a haul in young shooters like Tyler Hero & Duncan Robinson as well as Igudola or Kelly Olynk etc w/ a few 1st round picks.

Harden, Jimmy & Bam seems like a Finals appearance to me for the Heat again.

Then the Rockets have:

Wall/Clemons

Hero/Gordon/McLemore

Iguodala/Robinson/Danuel House

Tucker/Olynk

Wood/Cousins 

Edited by turtle28

56 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Um, I'm pretty sure the guy in my avatar also gets knocked for the last two failures

I don't really understand the heat for Giannis though.

I can at least understand it with Harden. He had Durant and Westbrook in OKC and he has had Houston that has done whatever to try and build around him.

He's also 31 years old.

Michael Jordan didn't win until his 27 year old season and actually turned 28 by the time he won that first championship in 91.

LeBron James didn't win until his first championship till he was 27 years old too.

Giannis just turned 26 before this season. He still should be given some more time.

If he is 30 or 31 at the end of this supermax he signed and he still is ringless, then I would understand the criticism a lot more.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I can at least understand it with Harden. He had Durant and Westbrook in OKC and he has had Houston that has done whatever to try and build around him.

He's also 31 years old.

Michael Jordan didn't win until his 27 year old season and actually turned 28 by the time he won that first championship in 91.

LeBron James didn't win until his first championship till he was 27 years old too.

Giannis just turned 26 before this season. He still should be given some more time.

If he is 30 or 31 at the end of this supermax he signed and he still is ringless, then I would understand the criticism a lot more.

Michael Jordan didn’t have to deal with stupid hot take TV shows on ESPN & Fox Sports and over reaction social media like fools on Twitter.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He's also 31 years old.

I don’t like comparing guys by age. Some guys went to the league at 18, MJ won a national championship and a gold medal before he even entered the league. 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

I don’t like comparing guys by age. Some guys went to the league at 18, MJ won a national championship and a gold medal before he even entered the league. 

That's fair, but MJ also had a better situation leading up to the 90-91 season than LeBron ever had in Cleveland before he bolted for Miami to greener pastures.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Michael Jordan didn’t have to deal with stupid hot take TV shows on ESPN & Fox Sports and over reaction social media like fools on Twitter.

Nope. LeBron has had a target on his back since HS. Say what you want about 2011 and that's a bigger black eye on his resume than MJ has, but LeBron has navigated his career amazingly all things considered. He has had very few missteps since he entered the league. Dude may want people to like him too much and can be corny at times, but no player could've won with those Cleveland teams. Like was he supposed to beat the Spurs? lol. He was good with the media right out of HS. Not gonna get into a GOAT discussion, because I've had too many of them with my friend who is a LeBron hater and I know they never really go anywhere. I wasn't trying to compare MJ & LBJ, but point out that the top 2 of all time didn't have a title at the age Giannis is right now. He deserves at least his 3rd contract before getting the type of scrutiny he gets now. I mean he hasn't even got till the end of his 2nd one and its been a big thign already lol. Especially when you consider how much more raw Giannis was when he entered the league compared to those two.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He's also 31 years old.

I get it but I also don't. When I say that, I mean for everyone. Harden would likely have a title if Chris Paul doesn't get hurt. Giannis has a title if Fred VanVleet doesn't turn into the greatest shooter of all-time. There are just so many variables that go into winning any title that basing success on championships is so narrowminded. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1