NYRaider

Should the Rockets trade James Harden?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Rockets trade Harden?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

They can’t make that deal work #SalaryCap

Of course they can't! They shouldn't be able to for a reason, because James Harden and Marcus Smart aren't on the same planet as far as NBA talent is concerned! You can't center a trade around such a disparity of two players in any capacity and the salary cap rules thankfully/logically demonstrates that.

50 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Smart/Nesmith/pick for James Harden? Is this a joke? Take it, please. Ainge would be incompetent to pass that up. Rockets taking that deal would be dumb.

Pushing for that... couldn't believe it when I saw that.

That'd be the biggest fleece in the history of mankind.

Reports are now coming out that Harden is getting into confrontations with teammates in practice, supposedly threw a ball at one player. He is either about to go full Michael Jordan or he's gonna get dealt today. It appears the rockets might not have an option but to cap dump him. Its sad how hated harden is, but him being a prick on his way out isnt helping. 

12 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Harden is the only star who gets knocked for not winning in the playoffs. It’s crazy the narrative about him. He hasn’t won it all, but seriously not many guys have. 

I can't think of a star of Harden's caliber that hasn't gotten knocked for not winning in the playoffs.  What makes you say that?  Pre Boston KG got it, T-Mac got it, Carmelo for a bit, Malone, LeBron before Miami, Giannis is starting to get it right now.  Charles Barkley still deals with it and he retired 20 years ago.  Harden has elevated his regular season legacy to a point where that's all that's left, so people will criticize him for it.  They all go through that, it definitely isn't something unique to Harden.  Iverson is really the only player, around Harden's tier, I've seen that somehow receives praise for not winning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I can't think of a star of Harden's caliber that hasn't gotten knocked for not winning in the playoffs.  What makes you say that?  Pre Boston KG got it, T-Mac got it, Carmelo for a bit, Malone, LeBron before Miami, Giannis is starting to get it right now.  Charles Barkley still deals with it and he retired 20 years ago.  Harden has elevated his regular season legacy to a point where that's all that's left, so people will criticize him for it.  They all go through that, it definitely isn't something unique to Harden.  Iverson is really the only player, around Harden's tier, I've seen that somehow receives praise for not winning.

its never been on the level of harden, people will talk like harden isnt worth a max contract, or that hes not even a top 5 player in the league over it. 

40 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Pushing for that... couldn't believe it when I saw that.

That'd be the biggest fleece in the history of mankind.

Pushing is the wrong term but we’re talking about a deal headlined by Caris Lavert and Jarrett Allen just a few weeks ago.  Simmons is score but it sounds like he’s not available unless Morey is just lying.  

33 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

its never been on the level of harden, people will talk like harden isnt worth a max contract, or that hes not even a top 5 player in the league over it. 

Really?  I think it's pretty par for the course.  Do you live in the Houston metro area?  You could just be hearing it more because of local media coverage.  On a national scale, I don't think it's any different.  Or maybe you just engage in a lot of Harden back and forth online, so it feels amplified.  He's just kind of the best legacy guy, still playing at prime level, that hasn't won, so he's the target of the present.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Windhorst reported the Nuggets had talks with the Rockets .... just don't see Harden being a fit with the nugs culture or jokic. So I don't believe the nuggets would entertain adding him. Maybe at the deadline if the season goes meh 

MPJ would almost certainly be going to Houston in this scenario? It's interesting to think about but I think I'd stand put to and hope MPJ just grows into a star alongside Jokic/Murray.

For Boston though, I'd take this chance. They have a nice group but I don't know if that group will get over the hump. Harden and Tatum would be extremely tough to stop going forward. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

MPJ would almost certainly be going to Houston in this scenario? It's interesting to think about but I think I'd stand put to and hope MPJ just grows into a star alongside Jokic/Murray.

For Boston though, I'd take this chance. They have a nice group but I don't know if that group will get over the hump. Harden and Tatum would be extremely tough to stop going forward. 

Yeah - a deal around MPJ would be pretty incredible value for the Nuggets. I'd assume the Nugs got leaked there because Houston would want Murray. If it was most top 10-20 level players - trading MPJ would almost be a no brainer. But I just realllllyyyyy don't think Harden is coming to Denver and letting Jok have the keys (or deferring at all at least). Just really think it is a non-fit ... which is too bad. Because if you can put two top 10 players together that is ideal. 

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Reports are now coming out that Harden is getting into confrontations with teammates in practice, supposedly threw a ball at one player. He is either about to go full Michael Jordan or he's gonna get dealt today. It appears the rockets might not have an option but to cap dump him. Its sad how hated harden is, but him being a prick on his way out isnt helping. 

Houston should've traded him earlier instead of insisting he would show up happily and want to be there.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Seriously.  MPJ and his 9pts a game for Harden and his 34pts a game? Sounds like an equitable deal......

cuz that's how these things work. when you have to trade a disgruntled star ideally you want the return to include a young, blue chip prospect, that you will have contract control over. MPJ is one of the better young building blocks that could potentially hit the market. when i say " a deal around MPJ" there would be a lot more involved. 

rockets are in a rough spot. they gotta just pray they can get Simmons. 

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

cuz that's how these things work. when you have to trade a disgruntled star ideally you want the return to include a young, blue chip prospect, that you will have contract control over. MPJ is one of the better young building blocks that could potentially hit the market. when i say " a deal around MPJ" there would be a lot more involved. rockets are in a rough spot. they gotta just pray they can get Simmons. 

Understood and I'm not paying all that much attention to the situation. If HOU gets rid of him, my preference (being a LAL fan) would be he wind up in the EC.....and there's a couple teams where he could make life difficult.....for the EC teams primarily.  We'd see him/them a few times and maybe in the Finals - but thats a long way off and nothings guaranteed. 

Denver? Nope. I'd prefer he not land there - unless of course, they were to trade Murray. Then I might like the deal :)

• Like 1