2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

I wish we were just table this thread until week eight. Two weeks into the season, the one thing we do know is that he is going to have good weeks and bad weeks. And good and bad lumped into a single performance too. One week you were going to see one side of the coin saying I told you so he sucks. The next week you were going to see the other side of the coin saying I told you so he’s a franchise quarterback. Maybe if we get to the halfway point in the season and he is acclimated with what our coaching staff is doing, we will see more consistency and progression in mechanics and reads? That’s the hope at least. The bad isn’t just going to go away overnight, it’s going to pop up again. Let’s just see how things look down the stretch.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I wish we were just table this thread until week eight. Two weeks into the season, the one thing we do know is that he is going to have good weeks and bad weeks. And good and bad lumped into a single performance too. One week you were going to see one side of the coin saying I told you so he sucks. The next week you were going to see the other side of the coin saying I told you so he’s a franchise quarterback. Maybe if we get to the halfway point in the season and he is acclimated with what our coaching staff is doing, we will see more consistency and progression in mechanics and reads? That’s the hope at least. The bad isn’t just going to go away overnight, it’s going to pop up again. Let’s just see how things look down the stretch.

This.org

35 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah..... but that doesn’t allow for absurd overreactions regarding our *checks most recent box score* FRANCHISE QB!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

So how’d he look last night?

The one thing I noticed last night that he dramatically improved on was taking his checkdown when the 10-20 yard pass wasnt there. He hit Hooper/OBJ/Hunt underneath for 5 yards completions a few times last night when he was rolling out that kept drives going. That was a impressive improvement. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

No freaking way I’d want Jameis under any circumstance. He’s a interception machine.

I need to see how healthy Cam is and how he plays this year.

I’m very interested to see what jameis looks like now that he had lasik. If his vision was always crap and that attributed to his INTs then he may be a franchise QB. He has all the tools. 

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The one thing I noticed last night that he dramatically improved on was taking his checkdown when the 10-20 yard pass wasnt there. He hit Hooper/OBJ/Hunt underneath for 5 yards completions a few times last night when he was rolling out that kept drives going. That was a impressive improvement. 

He’s done it his whole career...until OBJ showed up. Wouldn’t be surprised if Stefanski sat him down and told him to not worry about Odell and just play your game. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m very interested to see what jameis looks like now that he had lasik. If his vision was always crap and that attributed to his INTs then he may be a franchise QB. He has all the tools. 

You can’t stand bakers decision making at times but your willing to take on Jameis? eyes or no eyes made some of the worst decisions in the league the past 5yrs.

If this is for the next 5 yrs I’m sure as hell not betting on Cam. He’s getting too old and beat up. 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah that was pretty blatant hold.

I’m usually all for letting them play, but that was egregious.  Not really sure how you miss that.

I didn't hate the missed penalty because it was against the Bengals so it was probably just a missed call. When you get a bunch of them in games against the darlings of the NFL then it angers me because it feels like you have to destroy the opposition to stand a chance of winning. I figured it would be called pretty equally against the Bengals and I think it was.