2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

Baker can be the QB we need him to be in Stefanski's offense. Those bad drops in the second half didn't help him out, and we still won the game against a top tier defense. What more do people want? Give him 2 consecutive years in a real offensive system and real coaching and I bet he's going to be better than anything we've seen from him thus far.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DawgX said:

Bruce's takes on Baker just suck. Best to just ignore him.

Ya, for sure.

Let's accept Mayfield's take ("...worst game I have played of the five."), which is what I saw/heard.

Not sure what filter(s)/lens @DawgX and the other defenders/apologists were listening/watching through, or whether they even listened to/watched the same game.

These takes.

Baker isn't playing any different. He still doesn't process quickly and predetermines throws. It's obvious the more he throws the worse he's going to look.

Good part is this staff knows it and Stefanski's limited his impact. Tbh I really thought coach was playing with fire allowing him to throw so much in this one but with the Colts keying so much on the run, Hunt still not 100 coming back from the groin, and Teller out early...made it more necessary.

Also some spectacular and, let's be honest, lucky, contested grabs really helped him out too.

Stefanski and staff are succeeding despite Baker. Not advocating for an injury, but if that rib issue is also a shoulder issue or keeps him from throwing well, we might get a full blown QB controversy because Keenum's probably a better manager for this offense.

Since when did the Cleveland Browns organization becomes experts at scouting Quarterbacks? If history shows, we haven't been the most successful at evaluating talent. Let's be thankful we have a QB that is serviceable and winning games.  We haven't needed him to put the team on his back this season. I'm sure it's coming where we will need a clutch drive and play by Baker, but give him time to grow within the offense.  Franchise QB's don't necessarily grows on trees for us. 

1 hour ago, captin midnight said:

Since when did the Cleveland Browns organization becomes experts at scouting Quarterbacks? If history shows, we haven't been the most successful at evaluating talent. Let's be thankful we have a QB that is serviceable and winning games.  We haven't needed him to put the team on his back this season. I'm sure it's coming where we will need a clutch drive and play by Baker, but give him time to grow within the offense.  Franchise QB's don't necessarily grows on trees for us. 

Would you pay him 150+ million?

1 hour ago, captin midnight said:

We don't need to. Why pay him now when he's under team control through 2022, possibly longer if we want to use our Franchise Tag on him. Let's see what he does over the next 2 seasons. 

This.

Not sure why people are worried about how much he'll be paid when we have at least another two years to see how much of a contract he's worth.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Do not usually agree with Stephen A. but think he is pretty spot on in his observations in this case.

Jussie Smollett could tell you Baker sucks and you'd believe it.

#believeallbakerhaters

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1