2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

I'm surprised they didn't move the pocket more for him and do some roll outs.  I think some more screens could have helped too with confidence and slowing the Ravens pass rush down.  There were times when he seemed to have happy feet when the pocket was starting to break down slightly and I felt all he needed to do was step up in the pocket which is concerning to me.  Baker has to play better versus the Bengals on Thursday because if he doesn't and the Bowns lose, then it will start to snowball because Washington's defensive line is no joke.  I will admit that I didn't want the Browns to draft Baker but I want to be SO wrong about him.  I want him to take the Browns to the promised land and win a Super Bowl.

Peace!!!

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Are you guys really sure you don’t want to pay Chubb? Him, Myles, Jarvis, Bitonio, Tretter (when healthy), and Kareem are our only guarantees every week.

Stop worrying about paying potential that may never come to fruition.

There are 15 games until any determinations need to be made. 

No need to be victims of the moment.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Are you guys really sure you don’t want to pay Chubb? Him, Myles, Jarvis, Bitonio, Tretter (when healthy), and Kareem are our only guarantees every week.

Stop worrying about paying potential that may never come to fruition.

Chubb turned it over once on 11 touches. Minus his one nice run he was 9 carries for 31 yards.

As far as guarantees every week, Garrett didn't show up this week. Complete non-factor. We could have got the same thing out of Genard Avery.

Kareem also fumbled once on his 17 touches, he fortunately recovered.

Landry was solid.

Line looked decent.

If we're preparing to replace players that didn't perform week one we have to look at pretty much every defensive player minus Ogunjobi. Baker failed the test, Chubb failed. Hooper failed. OBJ failed.

Since Hunt recovered his fumble we won't look to replace him for another week. Njoku also earned another week. Landry is safe for a week. Not sure on the offensive linemen. There were some breakdowns but I don't know exactly where the pressure comes from so the O-Line is N/A. Other than that Ogunjobi, Landry, Njoku and Hunt are safe, we should be figuring out how to replace everyone else.

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There are 15 games until any determinations need to be made. 

No need to be victims of the moment.

You can sig quote me if you want to.

OBJ will not be on this team a year from now.

Baker will be on the roster, but he will be in a QB battle.

Sheldon and Vernon will NOT be on this roster next year.

Njoku will NOT be on this roster next season.

This isn’t that hard to predict guys.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You can sig quote me if you want to.

OBJ will not be on this team a year from now.

Baker will be on the roster, but he will be in a QB battle.

Sheldon and Vernon will NOT be on this roster next year.

Njoku will NOT be on this roster next season.

This isn’t that hard to predict guys.

Well that will be 33 million saved from the cap next year after cutting Njoku, Richardson and OBJ so we should be able to sign Chubb a few times.