2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

I haven't seen a Browns game this year outside of the game vs the Cowboys.  There's this guy on YouTube who uploads breakdowns of the Browns games and he's been saying Mayfield hasn't been good all season.  The guy says that Baker can't throw in the pocket, he's nervous, afraid to take chances, etc.  This is the same person who loved Mayfield his entire rookie year, but he says that he's regressed so much.  Is this an accurate assessment and if it is, why do you think it has happened?

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

I haven't seen a Browns game this year outside of the game vs the Cowboys.  There's this guy on YouTube who uploads breakdowns of the Browns games and he's been saying Mayfield hasn't been good all season.  The guy says that Baker can't throw in the pocket, he's nervous, afraid to take chances, etc.  This is the same person who loved Mayfield his entire rookie year, but he says that he's regressed so much.  Is this an accurate assessment and if it is, why do you think it has happened?

Baker had been inconsistent. 

freddie being his HC and Ryan Findley being his QB coach last year. That’s why he regressed. That 2nd year prolly has wrecked him

56 minutes ago, showtime said:

He needs EVERYTHING to go right or he completely folds.

• Like 3

It was a bad game. 

My ongoing concerns and disappointments. 

1. He doesnt do anything special and he was drafted number 1 overall. 

2. He sees the field better than kizer but at times he sees it like kizer did, the throw to Hooper/Fitzpatrick was awful.

3. He cant manage the pocket. 

4. His athleticism sucks. He has ok burst at times but the nfl is beyond him physically. 

That said I thi k he can be a franchise qb in theb8-12 range. 

Along with Bakers worst game  it was the oline worst game too, and Stephs.

Learn what you can learn, then flush the game and we are on to Cincinnati.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He needs EVERYTHING to go right or he completely folds.

He can be pretty slippery under pressure and create if the defense let's him slip the pocket, but now that everybody is aware of that they don't really let it happen.

If he's in the pocket and his 1st read isn't open you can kiss that play good-bye.  Interior pressure with containment renders him completely ineffective.  Whatever Brees/Wilson do to locate their other options on the field he has not figured out yet.

He's still our most talented QB since maybe Couch,  if you run down the numbers it's not really close.  He's just not good though.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

OL got their butts handed to them today. 

I agree that this was Prolly Stef’s worst game as well

It's worth remembering that Thebsteelers defense, the core of it has been together for 4 seasons. 

Tomlin has  been coaching for 12 seasons. 

The project of becoming a great team they are years a head of us.