2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

We did a great job utilizing our tight ends today. Can’t say enough about how good Harrison Bryant has been this early, at a tough tight end position to learn in the NFL. Baker would be wise to continue to use him in the middle of the field. If we got him in the fourth round I’m not sure why we are paying Austin Hooper all of this money. They look the same only Bryant is more athletic.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We did a great job utilizing our tight ends today. Can’t say enough about how good Harrison Bryant has been this early, at a tough tight end position to learn in the NFL. Baker would be wise to continue to use him in the middle of the field. If we got him in the fourth round I’m not sure why we are paying Austin Hooper all of this money. They look the same only Bryant is more athletic.

I’m not saying Hooper is bad, but I’m not seeing anything that blows my skirt up either.  Like, he’s a perfectly fine player, but I’d rather spend that money on the defense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not saying Hooper is bad, but I’m not seeing anything that blows my skirt up either.  Like, he’s a perfectly fine player, but I’d rather spend that money on the defense.

Yeah, I mean, I’m sure he is a pretty good tight end but sometimes you stumble into something and I think we found that in Bryant. He has been decent enough they might have made a different decision with Hooper in hindsight. Wish him well, we can always use a good second tight end, but I’m good with them keeping Bryant out on the field quite a bit even when he is back healthy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Not Brady, his defense wouldn't have lost his lead that many times. It shows a great game by a QB but it also shows a swiss cheese defense.

Yep.

Baker had to throw 5 TD’s to eek by the Bengals ffs.  

At some point we have to put some semblance of a defense out there.  Expecting your QB to lead an offense to 30+ per week in order to win isn’t realistic long term.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.

At some point we have to put some semblance of a defense out there.  Expecting your QB to lead an offense to 30+ per week in order to win isn’t realistic long term.

That’s why we need Baker to be the answer, so we can heavily start investing into the defense

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.

If mitch catches that int, we have probably a B graded defense performance. 

Sendejo stinks. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

If mitch catches that int, we have probably a B graded defense performance. 

Sendejo stinks. 

Yeah, good d’s just don’t drop easy interceptions like Mitchell’s.

Unfortunately, if we are holding out for a good defensive performance, it’s not going to come this season. The best we can hope for is that we have a couple guys heal up in the off-season and we had some impact defenders to the mix.

In the meantime, where we have seen regression on offense this season is when we fall behind early and then things snowball when we are behind multiple scores and become one dimensional. That cycle is going to continue to repeat itself with this defense, so we just need to keep staying as balanced as possible and continue to develop what we are doing on offense.