2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

We dont have the roster to be not drafting in the 1st round. 

Trading for obj shows how much it hurts not filling the roster with top talent. We dont have defensive depth. We could have had an average safety and dexter Lawrence.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 3

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

We dont have the roster to be not drafting in the 1st round. 

Tradign for obj shows how much it hurts not filling the roster with top talent. We dont have defensive depth. We could have had an average safety and dexter Lawrence.

Yeah, gosh, imagine looking at our defense today and what we did on offense and thinking we can afford to trade  away multiple, multiple first round picks, second round picks, and others to maybe get a higher upside quarterback. Oof.

• Like 1

If OBJ’s injury is as bad, we’ll have 9 games to see what Baker looks like without him.

If he continues to play well, he’s likely moved.  Not because he’s not good, but because he’s not necessary.  It would also open up more money for defensive talent.

OBJ is great, but he’s not been great with Baker. If Baker can excel without him, I’m not sure what more there is to discuss as far as OBJ goes tbh.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, gosh, imagine looking at our defense today and what we did on offense and thinking we can afford to trade  away multiple, multiple first round picks, second round picks, and others to maybe get a higher upside quarterback. Oof.

That’s should fix things.  

And when he isn’t good immediately we sell the farm for Arch Manning.

And if he sucks, some badass 9th grader.

And if he...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

A higher upside qb that as soon as he throws a pick will be lambasted and by dream replaced by the next high stat cat from the ncaa. 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If OBJ’s injury is as bad, we’ll have 9 games to see what Baker looks like without him.

If he continues to play well, he’s likely moved.  Not because he’s not good, but because he’s not necessary.  It would also open up more money for defensive talent.

OBJ is great, but he’s not been great with Baker. If Baker can excel without him, I’m not sure what more there is to discuss as far as OBJ goes tbh.

This. I still think OBJ can be a pretty good receiver (although he may be past his prime), but for whatever reason, he and Baker just don't seem to have the greatest chemistry.

During his rookie year, Baker had success by spreading the ball around. Ever since we've brought in OBJ, we all know there's been numerous games where it just feels like Baker is trying to force feed OBJ for whatever reason. And all of a sudden today once OBJ is out Baker starts to spread the ball around more and has a great game.

With that said, we won't get much for OBJ in a trade, IMO. Especially if his injury is that serious. I think we'd be lucky to get a third for him.

• Like 2

Yeah, we're not getting Fields even if we wanted to. He'll be a top 2-5 pick and would cost us so much to trade up to get him, especially when there's going to be numerous teams looking for a QB in the draft. And we have too many needs on defense to be trading so many draft picks.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

This. I still think OBJ can be a pretty good receiver (although he may be past his prime), but for whatever reason, he and Baker just don't seem to have the greatest chemistry.

During his rookie year, Baker had success by spreading the ball around. Ever since we've brought in OBJ, we all know there's been numerous games where it just feels like Baker is trying to force feed OBJ for whatever reason. And all of a sudden today once OBJ is out Baker starts to spread the ball around more and has a great game.

With that said, we won't get much for OBJ in a trade, IMO. Especially if his injury is that serious. I think we'd be lucky to get a third for him.

One of the things that elevated Baker in my opinion in college was his ability to not focus on one wr and spread the ball around. I was ecstatic after watching his first year in the nfl that he spread the ball around up here. Star qb in the making here I thought to myself. He doesn’t need a stud, he just needs a guy that can run a proper route. Then OBJ happened. Now his accuracy is nonexistent. His ability to read the field is nonexistent. His confidence is nonexistent. His ability to spread the ball is nonexistent. Hmmmmm

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

It set the rams back possibly 5 years with all of their missing management, paying cooks, Gurley and others. 

Trading for that crazy cb who they haven't extended yet. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

One of the things that elevated Baker in my opinion in college was his ability to not focus on one wr and spread the ball around. I was ecstatic after watching his first year in the nfl that he spread the ball around up here. Star qb in the making here I thought to myself. He doesn’t need a stud, he just needs a guy that can run a proper route. Then OBJ happened. Now his accuracy is nonexistent. His ability to read the field is nonexistent. His confidence is nonexistent. His ability to spread the ball is nonexistent. Hmmmmm

And then, almost immediately, he could do it again...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And then, almost immediately, he could do it again...

He wasn’t great at spreading the ball around today. But he delivered a game winning ball to a guy that up to this point his greatest achievement was people wanting to replace him as kick returner. Let that sink in. 

4 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

He wasn’t great at spreading the ball around today. But he delivered a game winning ball to a guy that up to this point his greatest achievement was people wanting to replace him as kick returner. Let that sink in. 

6 receivers had multiple catches, 4 guys with TD catches.

That ain’t bad.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

6 receivers had multiple catches, 4 guys with TD catches.

That ain’t bad.

He literally spread it to every possible pass catcher lol Im not going to get up set that the 3rd string RB, 4th string TE, and FB didnt catch a pass today. After OBJ went down, only 3 WRs were available and the all caught their passes (Jarvis, Higgs, and DPJ). Had two TEs make their big catches, Not upset that Carlson didnt get any looks. Sucks he didnt target the FB /s

I would say he was spreading the wealth