2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Waiting a long time and being patient aren’t the same thing 😂 

I'm legitimately trying to weigh the balance between "When you know, you know (rarely is this immediate, but sometimes it is. See: Mahomes)", "It may be too early to know if he's the one" (Anderception, Couch, Mayfield), and "I know HE'S NOT" (See: Some of our first dates, Brandon Weeden, Charlie Frye, etc.).

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I didn’t see that many great catches and there was at least one easy drop.....

Not sure how that number is less than the comp %.

I'm not sure, I don't work for PFF. I would assume that we caught "a lot" of balls that weren't considered "catchable" (factors more into drop rate than catch rate btw).

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Exactly what I said about the INT. We have flood concepts and need to utilize them more. Our 3rd/4th down rate was nothing short of an absolute JOKE.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I hope they dont turn to Keenum until week 8 and ride or die with Baker until then. 

I don't think Baker is the answer at all, but even I don't want them to give anyone else a shot at all in 2020. Give him another full season. If he sucks again over the next 15 games, don't pick up that 2022 5th year option and bring someone else in to compete with him in 2021, even if that's Keenum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I hope they dont turn to Keenum until week 8 and ride or die with Baker until then. 

I don't think Baker is the answer at all, but even I don't want them to give anyone else a shot at all in 2020. Give him another full season. If he sucks again over the next 15 games, don't pick up that 2022 5th year option and bring someone else in to compete with him in 2021, even if that's Keenum.

I don't want Baker taken out at all this year.  Play him all 16 games.  Let him fly or let him go down in a blaze of glory.  If Baker plays well then the Browns have hit the jackpot. If the latter happens and we somehow have a high enough draft slot, pick/trade up for Lawrence or Fields.  

Peace!!!