2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

uh huh so you are predicting who to win?

Praying that we win obviously. But I think it should be a fun, high scoring game either way. Our defense is absolutely horrible so Baker will honestly probably have his best performance of the season on Sunday. Just have to hope that our offense has a good day.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Praying that we win obviously. But I think it should be a fun, high scoring game either way. Our defense is absolutely horrible so Baker will honestly probably have his best performance of the season on Sunday. Just have to hope that our offense has a good day.

Here’s our flow chart for the defense:

Did you force a turnover? -> No -> Did Myles Garrett bail you out? -> No -> Is Andrew Sendejo off the field? -> No -> 

Opponent scores a TD by throwing towards Andrew Sendejo

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Dont worry, after his first incomplete pass you will be a hater again.

I’m absolutely a Baker critic. He’s a turnover machine, can’t read a defense, and his footwork/pocket presence is awful.

But when people say he’s terrible and doesn’t have a good arm/would put Winston above him...come on.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I’m absolutely a Baker critic. He’s a turnover machine, can’t read a defense, and his footwork/pocket presence is awful.

But when people say he’s terrible and doesn’t have a good arm/would put Winston above him...come on.

His personality certainly doesnt lend to a lot of grace being given his way when things go bad. 

One of the interesting criticism of Baker is that he doesnt play well against good teams and destroys bad teams.There is some credence to this notion. However, vs Baltimore he has had two games, and 3 good ones. His 2nd 2019 game and 2020 fame were his bad ones. 

His rookie year he played very well both times vs baltimore and one of his few good games in 2019 was vs baltimore. 

His games vs the Bengals have actually been less consistent. This year he had a solid game and an excellent game. Last year he had an average game and terrible one. His rookie year a good game and an average one.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:11 AM, MWil23 said:

If you're arguing with that VanS guy I think it's a lost cause lol.

I never really understand when people knock Baker's arm talent of all things.  I feel like he has more zip in the ball from 15+ yards than most NFL QBs.

18 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I never really understand when people knock Baker's arm talent of all things.  I feel like he has more zip in the ball from 15+ yards than most NFL QBs

Not him, it’s about 2-3 others.

45 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I never really understand when people knock Baker's arm talent of all things.  I feel like he has more zip in the ball from 15+ yards than most NFL QBs.

He is elite in the zip category. Like top 3 at worst. There is a lot more to QB than zip though unfortunately. He may not be able to outdistance 25 other QBs but he can outzip them. (no parking lot jokes)

I believe he still has only been passed in the zip category at the combine by Allen. It was close at that. He is also tied with someone else, can't remember who.

There is a reason "laser beam" is brought up so often after one of his throws. I hate the laser beam throws though because that means tight window. I would prefer he finds a wide open guy and doesn't have to fire it in there.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 8:11 AM, MWil23 said:

If you look at last week he read defenses, looked off the safety had good footwork and pocket presence.

I think his issues are more pressure related, as with almost all QBs. If he is comfortable he has very few weaknesses. If he is uncomfortable he bails (on foot or throwing to his designed first read even if it isn't there). He isn't broken from the defensive end pressure he had last year but he was affected and it's a work in progress to reach a comfort level.