2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve said all that needs to be said. He’s a top 20-25 range QB who can occasionally creep into top 15-20.

Colin Cowherd is right.

Not sure how this stat makes Baker look bad.  He is around .500 as the starting QB (didn’t get the win v. The Jets) for a team that won 1 game in 2 seasons before he was drafted.  That is about as bad as bad gets.   Now in year 3 he is pushing towards a playoff spot with his 3rd HC. 

Cowherd is a clown but he won’t blame Baker on the loss today.  

2 dropped TD passes

1 bad fumble close to the red zone 

1 Raiders punts 

I think you need to go grab a beer and take a walk.  This was a bad loss but it wasn’t the QBs fault. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kayelcio said:

Does Cincinnati beating Tennessee affect anyone's opinion of Baker's performance last week?

No, it was a great performance.

was it against the league’s elite?  No.  But that performance doesn’t happen against them.

The Bengals aren’t good and he shredded them, as you’d expect.

Mayfields stat line today was crap but I don’t hold any of today against him. In weather  games like this, you are always going to have some lowest scoring matchups where somebody just has to make a play. Our defense was awful, and they absolutely were not able to make a play today for him. The few occasions the offense was actually on the field.

Hopefully we get Chubb back after the bye week and maybe look a little bit better on defense or something.

One thing I have to admit I was wrong on and give Baker a pass for:

Our WRs have not done him any favors. Jarvis is having his worst season as a pro. OBJ hasn’t done much outside of the Dallas game for us this year. The coaches refuse to play Higgins.

We may need to upgrade at WR. Especially if we’re going to be a finesse offense going forward.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

One thing I have to admit I was wrong on and give Baker a pass for:

Our WRs have not done him any favors. Jarvis is having his worst season as a pro. OBJ hasn’t done much outside of the Dallas game for us this year. The coaches refuse to play Higgins.

We may need to upgrade at WR. Especially if we’re going to be a finesse offense going forward.

To be honest, OBJ/Landry isn't quite what it sounds like. Landry is an effort guy who drops some easy ones and makes tough catches but physically is closer to a 3rd down RB than an WR. Useful but not like a top guy in the league or really close. Still appreciate him though. OBJ now is probably middle of the pack physically among #1 WRs but he drops a lot of easy ones and doesn't always fight for position or the ball. When his mind and body are right he can still be very fun to watch but that isn't something that you expect week in and week out.

No one wanted Higgins. DPJ was a late round pick.

No, Wide receiver isn't a team strength and it wasn't last year either. I don't think it has to be, we can be good enough offensively with what we have when healthy but I'm not sure management will see it that way in terms of contracts.