2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Josh Cribbs. Did he make your list? Josh Gordon almost worked out.

None of them are from the last 5 years either. I also don't think we have to use just the draft to replace them. For 30 million you should be able to get some combination of: AJ Green/Perriman/Golladay/Fuller/Hilton/Pascal/Watkins/Godwin/Josh Gordon! etc...

Josh Gordon IMO didn’t play enough to be considered, Josh Cribbs success was as a returner to which he is one of the best of all time

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Josh Cribbs. Did he make your list? Josh Gordon almost worked out.

None of them are from the last 5 years either. I also don't think we have to use just the draft to replace them. For 30 million you should be able to get some combination of: AJ Green/Perriman/Golladay/Fuller/Hilton/Pascal/Watkins/Godwin/Josh Gordon! etc...

Yeah than pay another $18m to get rid of OBJ and Jarvis. So you wanna invest $48m into the WR group?

34 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah than pay another $18m to get rid of OBJ and Jarvis. So you wanna invest $48m into the WR group?

Not sure what you're saying.

For the record I didn't say I wanted to get rid of either of them, I said it wasn't the end of the world if we did.

We'll save like 28 million on the cap if we cut both of them (we won't). So no I'm not saying sign enough guys to equal 76 million per season on free agent wide receivers.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Not sure what you're saying.

For the record I didn't say I wanted to get rid of either of them, I said it wasn't the end of the world if we did.

We'll save like 28 million on the cap if we cut both of them (we won't). So no I'm not saying sign enough guys to equal 76 million per season on free agent wide receivers.

we won’t come close to saving that kind of moneys. Jarvis will save you about $10m because he will have a dead cap hit of $3m or so and the OBJ injury pretty much guarantees his entire contract form next year. So you wouldn’t save any money getting rid of him. 

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

we won’t come close to saving that kind of moneys. Jarvis will save you about $10m because he will have a dead cap hit of $3m or so and the OBJ injury pretty much guarantees his entire contract form next year. So you wouldn’t save any money getting rid of him. 

11.8 for Landry, 3 million hit on 14.8. That's trade or cut.

I'm not sure of OBJ's injury specifics (when 2021 becomes guaranteed and his recovery date) but it would be a trade so we wouldn't be on the hook. No doubt someone would take him off of our hands if we wanted to.

Again, not saying I'd do anything but we could if we wanted.

1st point on extending baker he signs with Pittsburgh and gets to play against are defense for 10 year instead of Pittsburgh defense 

2nd he goes to New England and he gets to be coached by Belicheck and Josh McDaniels for the next 15years.

3rd Flacco got extended and Garoppolo got extended Garoppolo almost beat KC.

4th when Berry drafts the next Kiser we will be drafting 8th and having to surrender

the equivalent of 4 number 1s to replace him.

17 hours ago, mtmmike said:

1st point on extending baker he signs with Pittsburgh and gets to play against are defense for 10 year instead of Pittsburgh defense 

2nd he goes to New England and he gets to be coached by Belicheck and Josh McDaniels for the next 15years.

3rd Flacco got extended and Garoppolo got extended Garoppolo almost beat KC.

4th when Berry drafts the next Kiser we will be drafting 8th and having to surrender

the equivalent of 4 number 1s to replace him.

Wut lol

• Like 3

On 11/5/2020 at 12:25 AM, Thomas5737 said:

11.8 for Landry, 3 million hit on 14.8. That's trade or cut.

I'm not sure of OBJ's injury specifics (when 2021 becomes guaranteed and his recovery date) but it would be a trade so we wouldn't be on the hook. No doubt someone would take him off of our hands if we wanted to.

Again, not saying I'd do anything but we could if we wanted.

Would you really want to trade OBJ for a 5/6/7th. Rd pick? I know he hasn’t worked out here as well as people expected but he is still worth more than that. Also we see that OBJ didn’t work out, are we sure Fuller is going to work here? 

I almost want to start investing into big physical WRs. Looking back at it now DM Metcalf would have been the idea WR but I didn’t think he be this good. I thought he be a solid WR but he looks like he could be special. 

I want to start getting these big body WRs so that Baker could just put it in the area and watch them go up and catch it. Like what they try to do with Njoku but then actually catch it.

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

I do not know about you guys but with the way Brady got beat do we apply the  Mayfield rule that if you get beat by more than 3 touchdowns by your division 

leader you cut him.

O r are you saying that good Qb have there ups and downs 

I need Baker to win 6 Super Bowls for me to answer this question.

On 11/6/2020 at 10:03 AM, buno67 said:

I almost want to start investing into big physical WRs. Looking back at it now DM Metcalf would have been the idea WR but I didn’t think he be this good. I thought he be a solid WR but he looks like he could be special. 

I want to start getting these big body WRs so that Baker could just put it in the area and watch them go up and catch it. Like what they try to do with Njoku but then actually catch it.

It’s why I’m irritated that DPJ barely gets any PT. He’s your biggest physical mismatch at WR.

Edited by candyman93

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I need Baker to win 6 Super Bowls for me to answer this question.

Terrible answer. What I need is for Baker to play for perhaps the greatest coach of all time, a great offensive coordinator and in a system for more than a year. 

But for real not what Mikey was getting at. Ya dig?