2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I will remember to throw this scenario back at her the next time this comes up.

Yeah, I wouldn't. Even ignoring the witch part, seems like a bad idea.

If she happens to be a witch and you bring it up you'll be catching flies with your tongue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Exactly.

Which is why ever saying " I don't have time" is lame.

I agree. My wife was making chicken and I asked if she could make it like she did when we last had it and she said no because she didn't have time. She was also very condescending, she said if I went to the store and picked up some time she could make it how I wanted. I just said never mind instead of starting something, being the bigger man.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Baker not having thrown a INT for a few weeks is not telling us he is a great QB.

They are only asking him to be a game manager because of his inconsistency passing the ball

Tannehill has only thrown 4 this year.

Everyone is talking about Henry vs. Chubb/Hunt matchup but I think the game is going to come down to Mayfield vs. Tannehill.

48 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Tannehill has only thrown 4 this year.

Everyone is talking about Henry vs. Chubb/Hunt matchup but I think the game is going to come down to Mayfield vs. Tannehill.

I’m about 80% sure you are tight.

I think the run games will negate each other. But there is a chance either there D or ours shuts down the run game but it’s a small chance

Just now, hornbybrown said:

I’m about 80% sure you are tight.

I think the run games will negate each other. But there is a chance either there D or ours shuts down the run game but it’s a small chance

Right not tight, I don’t want to know if you are tight or not!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Baker not having thrown a INT for a few weeks is not telling us he is a great QB.

They are only asking him to be a game manager because of his inconsistency passing the ball

That and 40 mph winds, torrential downpours, etc.

In the last game he had 2 TD passes, could have been 3 had Bryant hung on.  The game before the stretch of absurd weather he threw 5.  

It’s not as if he can’t make plays or put point on the board.

9 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Baker 6 wins 1 loss with Chubb makes him great.

How many times have people criticized Brady for simply winning games by not turning the ball over.

45 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

How many times have people criticized Brady for simply winning games by not turning the ball over.

Roethlisberger didn’t break out until year 4.

Brady year 3, but didn’t really start putting up big numbers until year 8.

Drew Brees, year 4.

Rogers didn’t see the field until year 4.

Rivers didn’t see the field till year 3, didn’t hit his stride until like year 5.

Romo, year 4.

Ryan, year 3.

Eli, year 6?  Always threw a ton of picks though.

Favre, year 4.

Yes, I know it’s easier now than in years past to develop, and there are examples of guys who’ve hit the ground running, but I think these examples more than prove the fact that just because you aren’t elite year 1/2/3 doesn’t mean you can’t develop into that if you’re put into a good situation.

Baker has overcome almost astronomical odds thus far making it to year 3 and not being absolutely broken after the atrocities of previous regimes and ownership.  Maybe he’s never gonna be what Mahomes is, but if we’re patient and allow him an actual chance to succeed, which I think Stefanski is giving him, we may be rewarded with a very competent QB.