2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

48 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Depo, Berry, Baker come together to work out a deal. 

What would you table of you were them? 

I'd go 4 years 37.5 million per year with 110 million guaranteed and a 5th year team option of 49 million, guaranteed too.

I’m hoping we can convince him to take a team friendly deal. Remind him he won’t be handing off to Chubb if he asks for to much 

32 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Remind him he won’t be handing off to Chubb if he asks for to much 

I hate to say it, but we kinda need it to be that way. We need Baker to evolve so much that we don’t need a star RB.

I’m not suggesting we get rid of Chubb or never have a run game. We need Baker to evolve into a guy who can carry an offense by himself. Like a Brett Favre did.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Depo, Berry, Baker come together to work out a deal. 

What would you table if you were them? 

I'd go 4 years 37.5 million per year with 110 million guaranteed and a 5th year team option of 49 million, guaranteed too.

Baker is a reasonable man and is a team-first guy. I'll see what I can put together and get back to you on it.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Anyone else happen to see this Q and A today?  That is OUR Quarterback, and I think that followup question was rather "Gross(i)".  

Ehhh... It’s funny because he’s doing well this year. If he was struggling, we’d rip his nuts off.

Then again, that is the nature of the nfl.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Anyone else happen to see this Q and A today?  That is OUR Quarterback, and I think that followup question was rather "Gross(i)".  

That's my quarterback.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ehhh... It’s funny because he’s doing well this year. If he was struggling, we’d rip his nuts off.

No way. That's my quarterback, thick and thin.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Mary kay had written the story and needed the quotes. 

Dede king Kabala is an excellent reporter and I found her question insightful. 

Media across every spectrum seem to writing the news not reporting it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Idk, it’s clearly she isn’t trying to ask a true question but instead trying to get a quote that she can fit nicely into some kind of a narrative she already has cooked up

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not fair to lump Mary Kay and Grossi into the same group.  MKC tries way too hard to come up with story lines like the NFL is some sort of soap opera, but she’s reasonably well informed.  Grossi is an adversarial troll who’s just not bright enough to do it well.

I’m embarrassed that Grossi wasn’t fired, or at least severely reprimanded after his slur last year, given his antagonistic approach and history. If it was an isolated incident, that’s fine, but that with his body of work should have given him his walking papers.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

I’m embarrassed that Grossi wasn’t fired, or at least severely reprimanded after his slur last year, given his antagonistic approach and history. If it was an isolated incident, that’s fine, but that with his body of work should have given him his walking papers.

I just want to know who actually wakes up in the morning and thinks “hot damn, I wonder what Tony has to say about this”. 

Maybe it’s just casual fans who catch a game or two every season and have no clue what’s going on or olds who are unaware the internet exists and can provide better content?

His articles (last I remember anyway) aren’t particularly well written, interesting, positive or insightful.  He offers no peek behind the curtain via inside info nor does he provide even a basic breakdown of facets of the game based on film review. He writes a high level overview of the game and often just cites past failures of the organization. Interviews with players are typically just contentious.

He’s an amalgamation of everyone’s idiot uncle who can’t let go of the 80’s.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just want to know who actually wakes up in the morning and thinks “hot damn, I wonder what Tony has to say about this”. 

Maybe it’s just casual fans who catch a game or two every season and have no clue what’s going on or olds who are unaware the internet exists and can provide better content?

His articles (last I remember anyway) aren’t particularly well written, interesting, positive or insightful.  He offers no peek behind the curtain via inside info nor does he provide even a basic breakdown of facets of the game based on film review. He writes a high level overview of the game and often just cites past failures of the organization. Interviews with players are typically just contentious.

He’s an amalgamation of everyone’s idiot uncle who can’t let go of the 80’s.

That’s a good take.

His personality is essentially the anti Doug Dieken. 

Doug isn’t a great commentator in his presentation, verbiage, or anything more than generic and simple takes, but he’s informed, lovable, and professional.

Grossi is a transparent curmudgeon troll who wants to be a football critic, and that’s not what a local beat guy should be. He’s a less talented and local version of guys like Skip Bayless who I already despise.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

That’s a good take.

thank you, those are the only kind of takes I have.

Just now, MWil23 said:

His personality is essentially the anti Doug Dieken. 

Doug isn’t a great commentator in his presentation, verbiage, or anything more than generic and simple takes, but he’s informed, lovable, and professional.

Grossi is a transparent curmudgeon troll who wants to be a football critic, and that’s not what a local beat guy should be. He’s a less talented and local version of guys like Skip Bayless who I already despise.

Yeah the beat guy shouldn’t be butting heads with every FO and key players.  Their job is to be a team friendly mouthpiece who in exchange for showing some discretion and restraint is thrown a bone every once in a while to maintain their credibility. MKC understands that much at least.