2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I did say about halfway through his rookie year, if he's the real deal (and I've seen nothing but that indication over the last 8 games), I will absolutely love everything about his heel personality and how everyone else will undoubtedly hate him. He's the Browns version and QB equivalent of Hines Ward, Ray Lewis, Shannon Sharpe, etc. as far as heels/trolls go, and I'm here for it. Villains have been and always will be my favorite(s)...we've just never had one to root for before. 

This exactly. I'm so excited to have a heel as my QB 😅.

Baker looked slightly skiddish today. But so did the whole team. But he made some great throws. One dumb int, but the greats make them too. But you guys know me, I’m all for seeing how cats react in big games. College football with the bowl games. College basketball with March madness. MLB with the playoffs, looking at you Lindor 😈. NFL the playoffs. Baker has shown the playoffs aren’t too big for him. He fits right in. He faced some stupid drops today that could have resulted in a different game. He faced a fumble from a try hard. 

He looked defeated in the post game interview. Which is good, it’ll get him to work harder. Not too terribly bad for a scrub midget ehh?

That’s my quarterback 😎

Those full season stats are good.

Those second half of the season stats are absolutely fantastic.

I may look towards picking up that fifth year option and an extension that would be a bit of a steal for us (5 years and $150-175 million, $30-35 million per year) which is an absolute steal, but maybe make a good portion of it guaranteed.

Good chance he says no, but maybe he sees the opportunity of building up the roster and winning if he takes that deal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Those full season stats are good.

Those second half of the season stats are absolutely fantastic.

I may look towards picking up that fifth year option and an extension that would be a bit of a steal for us (5 years and $150-175 million, $30-35 million per year) which is an absolute steal, but maybe make a good portion of it guaranteed.

Good chance he says no, but maybe he sees the opportunity of building up the roster and winning if he takes that deal.

I wonder if incentive based contracts for QBs could become a new thing. Some of these QB contracts are getting absolutly crazy and it really hampers teams ability to invest in other areas.

Do performance based bonus money count against the cap or is that just out of the teams personal pocket??

Wonder if we could give Baker a healthy base salary (that doesnt cripple the rest of the cap space) and give him performance bonus money on top that allows him to potentially earn elite level money