2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

3 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

He's here to stay. For the first time since the inception of this site, we have our QB. Part of what makes this morning sting less. 

It’s not even that. We are heading into the offseason with a 

franchise GM-Berry

franchise HC-Stef

franchise QB-Baker 

Seems like every offseason we had at least an issues about who will be the GM, who will be the HC, or who will be our starting QB for the next season. 

this literally will be our most boring offseason since who knows. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

franchise GM-Berry

franchise HC-Stef

franchise QB-Baker 

Seems like every offseason we had at least an issues about who will be the GM, who will be the HC, or who will be our starting QB for the next season. 

There are so many bright spots moving forward. Never felt better heading into an off-season. 

32 minutes ago, buno67 said:

franchise GM-Berry

franchise HC-Stef

franchise QB-Baker 

I don't think it means boring at all.  I think it will be damned exciting.  Our expectations are MUCH different than they've been in most of the last 20 years.  Typically, we've been hoping that the team reaches respectability, which we seldome did.  The team has earned respectability now, and it is time to take the next step.  This isn't a step from pathetic to being mediocre.  I thnk it is going to be exciting to see what pieces we put into place to take that next step.  

21 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

There are so many bright spots moving forward. Never felt better heading into an off-season. 

Yep.  We have a lot of work to do, though.  Some of these AFC teams look like they're built to last.  KC, Balt, Buff just to name a few.  A few other teams aren't far behind.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

this literally will be our most boring offseason since who knows

40 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Are you all trying to jinx us with the football gods?

It's nice to know that if we take a nap during the offseason, the Browns that is, we won't be any worse than we were this year.

Our offense is set if need be, same cast. Our defense if we choose not to upgrade would be as good as this year's version.

Everything we do is gravy. We don't have to do much adding and subtracting, just adding.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Other teams will get better.

We have to get better, too, even to repeat what we did this year.

Ideally, more better than our competition does.

I believe our front office will be a head of a lot of groups.

Equal or behind only, Kansas city, baltimore, buffalo in the afc. 

Dorsey stripped a lot away which set us back.

41 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:
1 hour ago, nugpimpen said:

Are you all trying to jinx us with the football gods?

I would like to see the football gods try to stand in our way.

It's okay, I don't believe in football gods so they won't take me seriously.

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:
42 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

we won't be any worse than we were this year.

Everyone always tries to get better, it certainly isn't a sure thing. Many teams will have free agent losses that they will have to make up for, we really don't.

Our schedule is tougher next year, on paper anyway, so it would be good to improve as we barely made the playoffs this year.

However, the point is our offense will still be our offense. Our defense was bad already, it can't get much worse especially when facing 3rd/4th downs. We'll have a top 5 offense in the AFC if we do nothing. We'll also have a top 16 defense in the AFC if we do nothing or if we do something.

Tougher times are ahead for keeping the team intact and replacing players we lose, this is pretty much a worry free offseason and we should be competitive no matter what next season.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Everyone always tries to get better, it certainly isn't a sure thing. Many teams will have free agent losses that they will have to make up for, we really don't.

Our schedule is tougher next year, on paper anyway, so it would be good to improve as we barely made the playoffs this year.

However, the point is our offense will still be our offense. Our defense was bad already, it can't get much worse especially when facing 3rd/4th downs. We'll have a top 5 offense in the AFC if we do nothing. We'll also have a top 16 defense in the AFC if we do nothing or if we do something.

Tougher times are ahead for keeping the team intact and replacing players we lose, this is pretty much a worry free offseason and we should be competitive no matter what next season.

It is a weird feeling. We can't argue about QBs. We trust (I know I do) Andrew Berry to make good decisions. What do other fans talk about during the offseason?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

truly, the Browns have potential to get better if they dont do anything. Delpit is an instant up grade at safety. Greedy would help out at corners and Billings would improve the run defense and IDL.

Now will the browns be satisfied with that? I sure as help hope not. Just the guys we can get back for next year and what we do in FA and Draft could make a huge, huge differnce for the defense 

I liked some of the design runs for Baker. The most famous example is the conversion to send us to the playoffs. Just do it once a game to keep a defense kinda honest.

Don’t run a speed option with him though please. That type of stuff will get your QB freaking killed. Just ask Mahommes.