Predict Falcons 2020 record

Championshiporbust

6-10 I think was my record before the season and I’m sticking with it. Matt Ryan and the WR’s will largely carry the team but I think the defense is very suspect and keeping Quinn and the coaching staff was a huge mistake. They will all be gone next season. Heck, this team would of probably had a Super Bowl in the past 5-6 years if they had an elite coach. 

It’s a good thing they still have Matt Ryan, he’s extremely underrated, but they need a brand new coaching staff, and they need a roster retooling. 

Going into the season, 10-6 was my prediction:

vs Seattle - L

@ Dallas - W

vs Chicago - W

@ Green Bay - W

vs Carolina - W

@ Minnesota - L

vs Detroit - W

@ Carolina - W

vs Denver - W

@ New Orleans - L

vs Las Vegas - W

vs New Orleans - W

@ Los Angeles - L

vs Tampa Bay - W

@Kansas City - L

@Tampa Bay - L

The end of the schedule was pretty rough and I was expecting some early wins against some not great teams. Right now, I still think it's going to be something similar to 10-6, but it may be a slower start. Seattle is just REALLY damn good, and Atlanta wasn't a good matchup with them. Few teams have QBs as good as Seattle does (KC, BAL, that's it)

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

I don't see much talent on that roster. Some solid players, 1-2 great players but roster depth and balance seems to be seriously lacking.

There's a lot of raw talent. But I agree, there's not really much past the core guys on each side. Offense has Ryan, Julio, Ridley, Mack and Matthews. Defense has Grady, Fowler and Jones. Raw talent is there with Lindstrom, McGary, Hennessy, Gurley, Takk, Oluokun, Neal, Allen and the young corners. But the team has to put it together.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

There's a lot of raw talent. But I agree, there's not really much past the core guys on each side. Offense has Ryan, Julio, Ridley, Mack and Matthews. Defense has Grady, Fowler and Jones. Raw talent is there with Lindstrom, McGary, Hennessy, Gurley, Takk, Oluokun, Neal, Allen and the young corners. But the team has to put it together.

Most of their raw talent is exactly that...guys who could be good but aren't currently good. The Falcons are still weak up front...and they're mentally weak. 28-3 crushed them.

15 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Most of their raw talent is exactly that...guys who could be good but aren't currently good. The Falcons are still weak up front...and they're mentally weak. 28-3 crushed them.

The guys who are still on the roster from SBL1:

Matt Ryan

Matt Schaub

Julio Jones

Jake Matthews

Alex Mack

Grady Jarrett

Deion Jones

Keanu Neal

Ricardo Allen

Josh Harris

Not a single one is the kind of guy who'd be mentally weak from that. The issue is the head coaching if the team is mentally weak. And I don't disagree that a change needs to be made there if they can't get back to around 10-6. But it's not like they had horrible results the last 2 years when the team actually was healthy. But SBLI has no factor on this team's mental makeup. The bigger issue is how the team doesn't communicate on defense. If they can get that sorted out like they did the second half of 2019, they should win 10 games this year.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

The guys who are still on the roster from SBL1:

Matt Ryan

Matt Schaub

Julio Jones

Jake Matthews

Alex Mack

Grady Jarrett

Deion Jones

Keanu Neal

Ricardo Allen

Josh Harris

Not a single one is the kind of guy who'd be mentally weak from that. The issue is the head coaching if the team is mentally weak. And I don't disagree that a change needs to be made there if they can't get back to around 10-6. But it's not like they had horrible results the last 2 years when the team actually was healthy. But SBLI has no factor on this team's mental makeup. The bigger issue is how the team doesn't communicate on defense. If they can get that sorted out like they did the second half of 2019, they should win 10 games this year.

Sure...whatever you say. When they experience adversity they crumble. They’re weak...including their fans, who immediately get shell shocked the moment something isn’t going right. 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Sure...whatever you say. When they experience adversity they crumble. They’re weak...including their fans, who immediately get shell shocked the moment something isn’t going right. 

You act like those late collapses were anything new. Did you not see the SF game in 2012? The Seattle game that same year? Late game collapses due to a lack of run game happen all the time in Atlanta.