Frank Reich is getting overrated

Blackstar12

I tried holding back but his play calling last season and apparently into this season has been  head scratching. Running undersized Hines on 4th and goal when you have Taylor. Abandoning the run game after halftime when the score was 17-14 Colts. Using read option plays with slow Jacoby. He hasn’t  improved the last few years which is disappointing.

I agree he's not a great coach, or at least not an established, proven one yet as he was being made out to be, but he's still done a good job in a tough situation.  Colts were straight up a bad team when he took over, with Luck being the only real positive (at the time).  I think he's done the best he could given the situation.  You couldn't expect Luck to retire that early and Brissett to me is a below average QB.  Maybe a little better.  They were a competitive 7-9 team with him last year.

They probably messed up signing Philip Rivers (it's still Week 1 though, things can change), but it was/is worth the gamble given it only being a one year contract.  I think with solid QB play this would easily be a playoff contending team.  

It won't happen, but Lions/Colts could help each other out.  Lions ain't going anywhere anytime soon and would be better off rebuilding, while Stafford probably should go to a solid team that needs a QB.  I suppose it depends on how much you think Stafford has left in the tank, but I think he would be a really good fit for that offense.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I agree he's not a great coach, or at least not an established, proven one yet as he was being made out to be, but he's still done a good job in a tough situation.  Colts were straight up a bad team when he took over, with Luck being the only real positive (at the time).  I think he's done the best he could given the situation.  You couldn't expect Luck to retire that early and Brissett to me is a below average QB.  Maybe a little better.  They were a competitive 7-9 team with him last year.

They probably messed up signing Philip Rivers (it's still Week 1 though, things can change), but it was/is worth the gamble given it only being a one year contract.  I think with solid QB play this would easily be a playoff contending team.  

It won't happen, but Lions/Colts could help each other out.  Lions ain't going anywhere anytime soon and would be better off rebuilding, while Stafford probably should go to a solid team that needs a QB.  I suppose it depends on how much you think Stafford has left in the tank, but I think he would be a really good fit for that offense.  

I'd love to see what Reich could do with a competent QB like Stafford. I think Rivers is washed, and he showed us this last year, unfortunately. It's a shame because I like this Colts team a lot and have a soft spot for Reich, being an avid Eagles fan.

Stafford needs to get outta Detroit. I think he is a Superbowl caliber quarterback, and has years left of high-level play IMO. Him behind that amazing OL, talented backs, and solid receiving core....with a creative coach like Reich. Stafford deserves those things. The only thing you can say about Detroit that he's had at any sort of consistent level is good WRs I suppose. 

6 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

I tried holding back but his play calling last season and apparently into this season has been  head scratching. Running undersized Hines on 4th and goal when you have Taylor. Abandoning the run game after halftime when the score was 17-14 Colts. Using read option plays with slow Jacoby. He hasn’t  improved the last few years which is disappointing.

Honestly I would be more worried about your defense than Reich and the offense. They’ll get it going especially with Rivers at the helm.

11 hours ago, lancerman said:

He’s not as bad as Kitchens at all but similar idea where he came in and started out above expectations in a situation where you had nowhere to go but up and people act like he’s some great coach that’s a no brainer 

That was actually Gregg Williams. Went 5-3 as the interim, then Kitchens took over only to go 6-10 and get fired. 

Remember that this was the first week of preseason too.

How many guys dropped 4th down catches in their hands or game winning TDs? 5?

Doug Pederson was up 17-0 and let Wentz air it out behind Swiss cheese instead of clock control and punting deep.

A Patriot extended the ball towards the end zone pylon  (this might be the 2nd or 3rd time in BB's tenure)

Brady has no chemistry with Evans (who is also hurt ) yet.

Saquon is averaging just about 14 inches per carry.

Sacksonville is on a pace to got 16-0 👀

The Titans can't even kick field goals... sorry, that one is 2019 regular season form.

Edited by SkippyX