MNF, Game 1: Steelers @ Giants

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Steelers
    • Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/14/2020 at 11:00 PM

Danny with some dimes, but he still has no clue about pressure. No rush radar whatsoever. He can absolutely sling it though.

Giants OL must be had up for crimes against football. We want to see Saquon go on a tear, but he's met with at least 2 defenders in his face as soon as he has the ball. Get him out of NY.

6 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Besides the terrible pick, Jones has played great considering how terrible the Giants OL is. No resistance. 5 of us might as well be out there blocking. Reminds me of Super Bowl 50 and 42 and 46

and his 0 awareness with pressure. That's his main problem, for me. Otherwise he shows signs of a really good QB.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

and his 0 awareness with pressure. That's his main problem, for me. Otherwise he shows signs of a really good QB.

I disagree. Last year, his pocket presence was really bad. Really, really bad. I saw a ton of improvement in pocket presence and ball security last night. I was truly impressed with that, actually. And I'm apparently not the only one:

There were a few plays last night where I said out loud "that's a sack fumble last year". Instead, he was able to avoid a lot of pressure last night, as well as secure the ball when he did get hit. How many times did we see him make a throw with 4 Steelers bearing down on him? And they were on target! It's a shame his performance from this game is going to be remembered by his awful red zone interception (inexcusable, by the way), because he really played well last night. Barkley was shut down hard. He was forced to play from behind against a great defense with a porous OL and 0 run game, and he still played as well as he did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, August4th said:

Jones impressed me last night, steelers could of had 5+ sacks if not for Jones mobility. Giants have something to work with

"Something to work with" is right. He's got serious potential. If he's still making those Jameis-esque plays by the end of this season though, he may not ever be able to shake them. Then we've got a player similar to Jameis, who very likely is not a franchise QB.

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I disagree. Last year, his pocket presence was really bad. Really, really bad. I saw a ton of improvement in pocket presence and ball security last night. I was truly impressed with that, actually. And I'm apparently not the only one:

There were a few plays last night where I said out loud "that's a sack fumble last year". Instead, he was able to avoid a lot of pressure last night, as well as secure the ball when he did get hit. How many times did we see him make a throw with 4 Steelers bearing down on him? And they were on target! It's a shame his performance from this game is going to be remembered by his awful red zone interception (inexcusable, by the way), because he really played well last night. Barkley was shut down hard. He was forced to play from behind against a great defense with a porous OL and 0 run game, and he still played as well as he did. 

I was pretty impressed by him. The Giants have a good one in him. He kind of reminds me of a stockier version of Joe Burrow in some ways; good but not great arm, smart, decisive, accurate, can take off and run when he has to, tough, poised. I like him a lot. 

• Like 1