WizardHawk

dallas-cowboys-vs-green-bay-packers-dall

TIME: 3:25 Central
TV: FOX
LAST MEETING: Division Playoff - Green Bay 35-31 @ AT&T
LAST REG. SEASON MEETING: Dallas 30-16 @ Lambeau

GREEN BAY[3-1] - Offense [16th] / Defense [7th]

DALLAS[2-2] - Offense[12th] / Defense [18th]

Important game for Dallas. Should have some reinforcements coming in Lee, Hitch, Irving, and Cheeto. Time to right the ship and get the ball rolling. 

I have a prediction, Dak will lead the Dallas offense to 30 points, throw for three touchdowns but Dallas' defense will give up 50 points and someone will claim that Dak has a sophomore slump or Dallas should bench him or he is a one year Wonder. Or maybe Dallas should draft another quarterback in the first round

This is the type of game we need to establish the run early. Rodgers is the best QB in the game and he is going to fully test our inexperienced rookie secondary, abuse our LBers in coverage (especially if Lee is out again) and catch our exhausted DL rotating out with too many men on the field. 

Only way to combat that is to keep Rodgers *** firmly planted on the bench for most of the game.

Also, we get DI back! This is going to be the best DL we can form all season.

29 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

This is the type of game we need to establish the run early. Rodgers is the best QB in the game and he is going to fully test our inexperienced rookie secondary, abuse our LBers in coverage (especially if Lee is out again) and catch our exhausted DL rotating out with too many men on the field. 

Only way to combat that is to keep Rodgers *** firmly planted on the bench for most of the game.

Also, we get DI back! This is going to be the best DL we can form all season.

In theory this is true, but problem is defenses are stacking up 8 man fronts (it seems). forcing a run and getting stuffed will lead to long 3rd down plays and we usually sucked at that. I would rather Dak throw some high pct passes early to loosen up the D, then we mix up the run and pass appropriately. NO more predictability please.

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I have a prediction, Dak will lead the Dallas offense to 30 points, throw for three touchdowns but Dallas' defense will give up 50 points and someone will claim that Dak has a sophomore slump or Dallas should bench him or he is a one year Wonder. Or maybe Dallas should draft another quarterback in the first round

Lol. This wins the forum.

No seriously, isnt this how 99% of Cowboys fans react/think?

Observation: Dak is, by his own diagnosis, hesitant, with his timing and footwork being disrupted because he's been less sure about where he's going with the ball. This matches what I see watching the game.

Hypothesis: Going back to what Roger Staubach called the beauty of the uncluttered mind (when discussing Clint Longley's famous "mad bomber" game), I wonder if Dak's processing is slowed down because he's actually *seeing* more than he was last year

Question: If the hypothesis is correct, How long will it take him to adjust?

because if it's less than half a season, this is still going to be a really good team. Right now they are 2-2 with poor QB and line play against a murderer's row of strong defenses. The defense has shown that they can dominate when protected by offensive efficiency and be badly exposed if left out on the field (I think it's more about the number of opportunities the opposing offenses have, rather than being worn out). They have a really tough row to hoe this year, but this could still be a very good outcome for the boys.

1 minute ago, Dirk Gently said:

Observation: Dak is, by his own diagnosis, hesitant, with his timing and footwork being disrupted because he's been less sure about where he's going with the ball. This matches what I see watching the game.

Hypothesis: Going back to what Roger Staubach called the beauty of the uncluttered mind (when discussing Clint Longley's famous "mad bomber" game), I wonder if Dak's processing is slowed down because he's actually *seeing* more than he was last year

Question: If the hypothesis is correct, How long will it take him to adjust?

because if it's less than half a season, this is still going to be a really good team. Right now they are 2-2 with poor QB and line play against a murderer's row of strong defenses. The defense has shown that they can dominate when protected by offensive efficiency and be badly exposed if left out on the field (I think it's more about the number of opportunities the opposing offenses have, rather than being worn out). They have a really tough row to hoe this year, but this could still be a very good outcome for the boys.

I agree with everything stated except the word poor. SUB in 'below standards', needs improvement or words like that. Dak has not been on fire and is missing passes. YES, but still think Dak is not playing "poor" by any stretch.

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I agree with everything stated except the word poor. SUB in 'below standards', needs improvement or words like that. Dak has not been on fire and is missing passes. YES, but still think Dak is not playing "poor" by any stretch.

He is playing poorly for significant stretches. He's also playing like a super star for significant stretches. That will not get it done in the NFL. I don't really care about the adjective. The defense can't afford him disappearing for half a game.

8 minutes ago, Dirk Gently said:

He is playing poorly for significant stretches. He's also playing like a super star for significant stretches. That will not get it done in the NFL. I don't really care about the adjective. The defense can't afford him disappearing for half a game.

Perhaps, but this defense forced a SINGLE punt, which was fumbled by Switzer. Dak even with his "poor" play lead them to 30 points. If Dallas' offense could have had just a few more punts, therefore more possessions, and perhaps some very catchable balls, perhaps Dallas scores 37 points or even more. Would we even have this conversation then? The defense is far more the culprit. Forcing the Rams a single punt is absolutely not going to get in done against anyone.

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Perhaps, but this defense forced a SINGLE punt, which was fumbled by Switzer. Dak even with his "poor" play lead them to 30 points. If Dallas' offense could have had just a few more punts, therefore more possessions, and perhaps some very catchable balls, perhaps Dallas scores 37 points or even more. Would we even have this conversation then? The defense is far more the culprit. Forcing the Rams a single punt is absolutely not going to get in done against anyone.

Two punts. Also the Rams had three possessions start inside the Dallas 40, you aren't going to get a punt out of any of those. Dallas stopped two of those possessions for a FG. So the defense, minus its best player against a top 5 offense, got 4 stops on 11 possessions and only yielded two TDs all game.  That'll do.

Archived