GDT WEEK 5: Green Bay @ Dallas

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I'm calling BS on this. I didn't see anyone on this site saying we would be bye week contenders let alone laughing at you making that point. This is like the 3rd time I've seen you use this phrase but people have done nothing but applaud your earlier posts.

Its like watching Dave lose his mind each week we don't win. 

This is going to be a real tough game and there just isn't any way that I see us winning it. It would take an amazing game by the DL. If the Packers OL is

still banged up maybe, we can put some pressure on Rodgers but I see him taking apart this defense quite easily. 

Zeke should honestly just take the suspension now so we can start next year fresh. 

I resent this remark! I regularly lose my mind when we lose. This is ONLY his third time making this remark. He has a longggggg way to go to reach my level of madness! BOY!

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

And be branded a domestic violence abuser? This case might drag out for a long time, but If Zeke is truly innocent, he needs to fight this to the end. No way would I accept a punishment like this if I didn't do it.

He has already been proven innocent. There are no charges and whether or not he beats the suspension (which is highly unlikely), people will still label him an abuser. 

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

And be branded a domestic violence abuser? This case might drag out for a long time, but If Zeke is truly innocent, he needs to fight this to the end. No way would I accept a punishment like this if I didn't do it.

Goodell will end up getting his pound of flesh.  It's inevitable.  Take it in a down year and get it over with.  Not saying it's right.  But he will get suspended at some point.  I'd rather have him out in a down year vs a year when we may be contending.

34 minutes ago, Northland said:

Goodell will end up getting his pound of flesh.  It's inevitable.  Take it in a down year and get it over with.  Not saying it's right.  But he will get suspended at some point.  I'd rather have him out in a down year vs a year when we may be contending.

Who's to say we aren't contending? It is just five weeks into the season and we're 2-2. 

53 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Who's to say we aren't contending? It is just five weeks into the season and we're 2-2. 

The Iggles are already a game up and are hosting a crippled Cardinals team. We cannot stop a 2nd year QB, what do you thin Rodgers will do to us?

If this plays out like many of us think, we are two down on Philly and we still have them twice, KC, OAK, SEA. With three losses already and five divisonal games to play along with these, just where do you see us competing?

I have to say, it is so dishearting to sit here the first week of October and realize your favorite teams fate after an 8 month wait following such a heartbreaking loss.

But, that is what the Cowboys have become. Jeckyl and Hyde. Awesome one year, crap the bed in the playoffs and the, suck the next.

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

The Iggles are already a game up and are hosting a crippled Cardinals team. We cannot stop a 2nd year QB, what do you thin Rodgers will do to us?

If this plays out like many of us think, we are two down on Philly and we still have them twice, KC, OAK, SEA. With three losses already and five divisonal games to play along with these, just where do you see us competing?

I have to say, it is so dishearting to sit here the first week of October and realize your favorite teams fate after an 8 month wait following such a heartbreaking loss.

But, that is what the Cowboys have become. Jeckyl and Hyde. Awesome one year, crap the bed in the playoffs and the, suck the next.

A 2nd year QB who was the 1st overall pick a year ago. It's not like he's some undrafted nobody. 

I'm not saying Rodgers won't have a big game, but I wouldn't count us out just yet. Even if we should lose this one, we aren't dead yet.

5 hours ago, Northland said:

For me it's our defense and strength of schedule that will doom us.  

Either way, we are doomed. Blame it on coaching, unispired play, poor defense, special teams, the plague, whatever! 

I'm just so sick and tired of false hopes based off of the Dior years success. Just once I would like to see some consistency.

13 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Wr havent played Washington or Philly yet. Theres 12 games left to play. Lol this is why i get so frustrated with you. After a loss you are so intentionally blind to the facts that were obvious to you the week previous when the team won :P

19 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I'm calling BS on this. I didn't see anyone on this site saying we would be bye week contenders let alone laughing at you making that point. This is like the 3rd time I've seen you use this phrase but people have done nothing but applaud your earlier posts. Its like watching Dave lose his mind each week we don't win. 

This is going to be a real tough game and there just isn't any way that I see us winning it. It would take an amazing game by the DL. If the Packers OL is still banged up maybe, we can put some pressure on Rodgers but I see him taking apart this defense quite easily. 

Zeke should honestly just take the suspension now so we can start next year fresh. 

No one agreed with my assessment that the team would be staring at a potential 7-9/8-8 season, and there were several people really adamant that I was wrong. It was a fair enough debate, but the reality is, this team is indeed looking at that reality right now. And while there is so much football left and this team could easily end up 11-5 or 10-6, the problems I had forementioned are shining quite brighter than the strong points most mentioned.

Many, as always, think im some crazy person when I go completely against the common thought and opinion on here :P But, not always but many times, I prove my worth and show I know some stuff ;)

BUT and here is a big BUT - There are 12 games left to be played. I will not give up on the season after a month of football, especially with 5 of 6 division games remaining and the one played was a positive outcome. The team can easily rectify their issues at any point, by simply playing better, or getting hot, or a few adjustments or all 3. And as we saw in 2005(I think thats the steelers year?) and 2007, and many others, all it takes is getting hot and clicking at the right time. That light comes on when you are 6-7, you hit 9-7, Play hot through the playoffs and somehow find yourself hoisting a trophy. 

I think we are some tweaks away from being last years group. I think we are still a playoff contender.

Having said that, it all hindges on change. 

I see both points.  On one hand we are so close to being a major force like the year before.  We have flashed that ability in every game. The 1st half against the Rams was excellent.

Yet I see Dave's point.  Something's noticeably not ticking right. We have also flashed that disability in every game. The 2nd half against the Rams was like the Bronco's game.

Something has to get right. If not we will not contend. There's time to get right though which is cause for optimism.

Archived