Packers 2020 draft class: Where are they now?

FlopTube

I know it's only been 1 game, but I thought we could jump to some early conclusions and discuss the current Packers 2020 draft class.

Other than the Love pick, which I may never get over, I must say as of today it's looking pretty damn good. Dillion, Deguara, Martin, Runyan all look to play significant time for us this year and from what I saw yesterday that may be a very good thing. And if the Love pick did light a fire under Aaron's *** and he has that much better of a season, then it will be very well worth it.

This is like 3 year early.

Excited about the Martin hype, but then he got injured, and UDFA and Jordan Love's highschool teammate, who got released over Burks and Summers, got resigned and only played like 15 or 16 snaps on defense but did amazing in those while.

Deguara did some great versatile things which is amazing to see from a rookie TE as they normally take a little time to develop, but he looked in his first game.

Runyan got in die to injury and we didn't notice anything bad, those the Vikings DL is rebuilding.

Deguara surprised me, out of all the rookies.  He played a lot faster than I thought he would.  I think he's going to be the real deal.

Runyan was very good in his reps.  Totally looks the part of a RG.

Barnes at ILB was great.  Now he needs to stack success.

Dillion didn't get many reps, but he made the most of what he had.  Guy has pretty great acceleration right away and is very powerful.

Love looked great in street clothes.

So far so good for this draft class.

Yeah, results looked favorable.  Love is obviously a Buildican guy, so he's not even worth including in these discussions.  *IF* he blossoms, it's a good draft almost regardless of what the subsequent picks do.  

But I think it's really nice when the other pickups look fine.  Dillon, good.  Deguara, good.  Kamal, we'll wait but no indication that was a mistake pick.  Runyan, looked shockingly decent.  (For a guy who was LT, transitioning to guard in camp, by reports he practiced very little at RG.  So for him to just pop into RG spot and do fine is especially encouraging.). And Barnes looked functional.  Very encouraging early returns on the role players taken and added.  

I think the 2019 draft continues to get exposure.  Not much enthusiastic to say for Jace.  But a lot of variably function snaps for a lot of the other 2019 draftees.  

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Deguara surprised me, out of all the rookies.  He played a lot faster than I thought he would.  I think he's going to be the real deal.

Runyan was very good in his reps.  Totally looks the part of a RG.

Barnes at ILB was great.  Now he needs to stack success.

Dillion didn't get many reps, but he made the most of what he had.  Guy has pretty great acceleration right away and is very powerful.

Love looked great in street clothes.

So far so good for this draft class.

The block Deguara had that took out 2 Vikings got me sweaty. I see him being a huge part of our success this year. Blocks, blocks, then rolls out for a quick first down, yes please. 

Dillion will slowly be phased in the more he picks up on pass blocking and assignments. They don’t want him to get Rodg hurt right now. Spelling Jones with him later in games, especially when it gets cold, will be lethal. 

Was Barnes undrafted? I can’t remember now. He flashed a couple times, especially on that screen sniff

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Really wish we had Winfield Jr right now... A lot of people are complaining that we didn't get Queen but Winfield Jr at this point in place of Redmond would have been our biggest upgrade.

Not surprised he's doing so well.  He was my #2 safety behind Grant Delpit.

On 9/14/2020 at 5:57 PM, FlopTube said:

Other than the Love pick, which I may never get over, I must say as of today it's looking pretty damn good. Dillion, Deguara, Martin, Runyan all look to play significant time for us this year and from what I saw yesterday that may be a very good thing. And if the Love pick did light a fire under Aaron's *** and he has that much better of a season, then it will be very well worth it.

I like Runyan, but I hope we don’t see anymore from Runyan in 2020. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Not surprised he's doing so well.  He was my #2 safety behind Grant Delpit.

RD Grade Name Pos School
1 8.7 Grant Delpit S LSU
2 8.5 Antoine Winfield Jr SS Minnesota
1 8.1 Xavier McKinney S Alabama
2 7.8 Kyle Dugger S Lenoir-Rhyne
2 7.2 Terrell Burgess S Utah
1 6.8 Isaiah Simmons S Clemson
2 6.7 Ashtyn Davis FS California
3 6.2 Jordan Fuller FS Ohio State

I had the same ranking. The only reason I had Grant above him was his range and ceiling even with his horrible tackling. 

• Like 1