Reinforcements needed?

roysmyboy31

With news that Blake Jarwin is out for the year, both La'El Collins and Cameron Erving out at RT (and a rookie UDFA our best option at this point), the LVE long-term injury, and other holes in our team, do any of you think we should be seeking certain players in the market?

With Schultz our best option currently at TE, I think we have to be looking at that position for sure.  Delanie Walker and Charles Clay are both out on the market.  Not sure about Tampa's TE situation, but with OJ Howard the #1 guy and Brady's BFF Gronk also there, would Cameron Brate possibly be an option?

Not sure what we can do at RT, but we could use depth there.  I personally think we can hold out at LB until Sean Lee returns.

There is also Snacks Harrison, who is a great run stuffer in the middle.  I did not love our interior even before last night with the loss of McCoy in TC.  Last night showed a lot of similar problems regarding run stuffing.

Any other thoughts or comments are appreciated.

4 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

With news that Blake Jarwin is out for the year, both La'El Collins and Cameron Erving out at RT (and a rookie UDFA our best option at this point), the LVE long-term injury, and other holes in our team, do any of you think we should be seeking certain players in the market?

With Schultz our best option currently at TE, I think we have to be looking at that position for sure.  Delanie Walker and Charles Clay are both out on the market.  Not sure about Tampa's TE situation, but with OJ Howard the #1 guy and Brady's BFF Gronk also there, would Cameron Brate possibly be an option?

Not sure what we can do at RT, but we could use depth there.  I personally think we can hold out at LB until Sean Lee returns.

There is also Snacks Harrison, who is a great run stuffer in the middle.  I did not love our interior even before last night with the loss of McCoy in TC.  Last night showed a lot of similar problems regarding run stuffing.

Any other thoughts or comments are appreciated.

In a perfect world.

Sign ET to replace Thompson.

Sign Snacks to pair with Poe.

Trade for Brate, Dissly or Ricky Seal Jones. Id even be willing to role with Schultz and give him limited snaps. Run more plays put the shotgun with the big 3 and Pollard Zeke in the backfield.

Id consider starting McGovern or Biadasz at LG and move Williams to RT.

Just now, buddy_z34 said:

Posted this in another thread but I'll post it here too. Todd Davis, Nigel Bradham or convert Rric Reid into a LB/ hybrid safety role. Wesley Woodyard is also a free agent. 

Sign Earl Thomas to a prove it deal. 

Dareus is also a free agent. 

Forgot about Darius. Preston Brown is a nice run stuffing LB. Hell id even consider Burfict.

Here we go again. 

We lose a game, so the sky is falling, every position needs an upgrade, we need to.sign every recognizable name thats available. LOL.

Realistically speaking, when an injury happens, its next man up. Injuries happen. You trust your decisions in training camp roster cuts, and you rely on the next man to play a role and the other stars to cover the holes. 

Wentz, an mvp season, goes down. Next man up. That LT, peters, he went down too. Next man up. Im only using one team as an example. Dig for yourself. Plenty of winners had injury problems. And almost all won with relying on their next man up. If.your next man up sucks that bad, he should not have made the roster. Simple as that.

14 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Here we go again. 

We lose a game, so the sky is falling, every position needs an upgrade, we need to.sign every recognizable name thats available. LOL.

Realistically speaking, when an injury happens, its next man up. Injuries happen. You trust your decisions in training camp roster cuts, and you rely on the next man to play a role and the other stars to cover the holes. 

Wentz, an mvp season, goes down. Next man up. That LT, peters, he went down too. Next man up. Im only using one team as an example. Dig for yourself. Plenty of winners had injury problems. And almost all won with relying on their next man up. If.your next man up sucks that bad, he should not have made the roster. Simple as that.

Please tell us what LBs on the roster that can cover?? Bernard is sitting in the practice squad but to me he is a run stuffing LB. The team needs depth at LB that's for sure. 

6 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Please tell us what LBs on the roster that can cover?? Bernard is sitting in the practice squad but to me he is a run stuffing LB. The team needs depth at LB that's for sure. 

Jaylon Smith is supposed to cover. Especially if he is playing the will or mike. Which he has done both. We paid.him like a superstar, and he is supposed to be one. Now he cant cover?

Which also brings me back to a point i made sometime.ago about paying mediocrity. Many here, possibly you as well since i dont recall all of those who did, but many here celebrated his extension. I complained that we were paying for mediocrity. I was told, essentially, that im wrong and clueless. But now you say he cant cover. So then what is it? Did we pay for mediocrity because hes a LB in a modern NFL who cant cover, or did we do well by paying him as a star LB?

Personally, i sad it before i will again, we paid for mediocrity. He can cover ok, he chases the run ok, he tackles ok. But he is not a sean lee in his prime. He didnt deserve the contract. As for.LB coverage in general, you have to manufacture coverage with LBs. Very few will keep up with todays TEs like Higbee. And even fewer will keep pace with RBs in the open field. You have to gameplan that away. Or.let it kill you.

Theres a reason those big fast athletic TEs are in super high demand in this era. And a reason why many top LBs are actually a safety.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:

He hasnt looked like the LB from a few years ago. It might be his foot. Maybe I might be overreacting. The way the league has looked. Not having preseason games has hurt teams. 

Could be right. Preseason allows.the rust to come off, and for guys to really get into football shape both in body and mind. But Jaylon has not looked good since his one fairly good season. Idk foot or not, this team needs to stop paying out big bucks for one good season. Trade em or let em walk. Let em hold out even. But dont handicap yourself in the future by paying out contracts over one good year. One good year proves nothing about a career.

You know what gets me too? Consistent guys like Anthony Hitchens, we let them walk. But guys like Lawrence and Smith who were inconsistent or.have question marks, get paid on one good year. Now.do i think Hitch is better than Jaylon? Jaylon is more talented. But even in his best season he was inconsistent. Hitch, he was consistent every play, every year, always knew what to expect snd what you would get. If you are going to pay average-y players, at least pay the consistent ones without ??? Attached to.them!