Reinforcements needed?

roysmyboy31

Look forward to seeing Bernard called up and seeing Gifford in action as well. Couple thoughts about remaining free agents. I do think Walker would be a good fill in for Jarwin at tight end. An interesting one would be Clay Mathews. I know he is more of an OLB but it would be interesting to put him in middle and do a little more blitzing like we saw toward the end of the game vs Rams. Plus the connection to MM... you never know.. 

26 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The Leary thing is kind of curious with the OL injuries being concentrated at OT. I don't think C-Will has been so poor that he must be benched immediately, plus we have McGovern waiting in the wings.

If we do sign him, I wonder if the idea would be to play him at RG (where he played for Denver) and kick Martin out to LT in the event of an extended Tyron absence. Otherwise, kind of random timing to give up on Williams

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

The Leary thing is kind of curious with the OL injuries being concentrated at OT. I don't think C-Will has been so poor that he must be benched immediately, plus we have McGovern waiting in the wings.

If we do sign him, I wonder if the idea would be to play him at RG (where he played for Denver) and kick Martin out to LT in the event of an extended Tyron absence. Otherwise, kind of random timing to give up on Williams

They will move William's to OT 

15 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

They will move William's to OT 

We've seen no evidence the organization wants to try this out

I'm not advocating to move Martin by the way, just spitballing. Think I saw a quote this weekend that the team was "monitoring" how Knight and Steele looked in this last game and that they would consider reshuffling positions. I think I would want the best player on the team protecting Dak's blindside if Tyron is out for a truly extended stretch. OTOH, Knight was pretty decent against Atlanta and probably deserves to be the swing tackle going forward. So I dunno

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

We've seen no evidence the organization wants to try this out

I'm not advocating to move Martin by the way, just spitballing. Think I saw a quote this weekend that the team was "monitoring" how Knight and Steele looked in this last game and that they would consider reshuffling positions. I think I would want the best player on the team protecting Dak's blindside if Tyron is out for a truly extended stretch. OTOH, Knight was pretty decent against Atlanta and probably deserves to be the swing tackle going forward. So I dunno

Knight did look ok. However the interior needs a bit of work.

Im not a fan of C-Will. Seems to get blown up multiple times a game.

3 hours ago, CAPJ said:

Knight did look ok. However the interior needs a bit of work.

Im not a fan of C-Will. Seems to get blown up multiple times a game.

He lacks the strength for the guard position it seems. The only natural thing is to slide him outside. He has the athleticism for pass rushers.