Reinforcements needed?

roysmyboy31

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

They are saving all that cap space for Dak next year🙄 when ET can help us now, why the hell not!! 

No no no... the cap isn’t real. Dak has no bearing on Byron Jones, Quinn, or ET. Nothing at all to do with it

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

No no no... the cap isn’t real. Dak has no bearing on Byron Jones, Quinn, or ET. Nothing at all to do with it

Did you see what LA was able to do? Teams can sign anyone they want to and fit it under the cap. Dallas should have and could have had a deal done with Dak and could have re-signed Jones or Quinn or whoever. They chose not to. That's an indictment on our front office because they keep expecting players to take "team-friendly" deals like Tyron, Martin, Collins, etc. 

To the topic, so I can understand them not wanting to sign ET because of his locker room concerns...but Tony Jefferson and Eric Reid are sitting out there. You have a need at safety, go sign them. Snacks Harrison is out there, you're having trouble in the middle of the DL, go get him. Address problems and at least make an effort to improve areas of weakness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

Did you see what LA was able to do? Teams can sign anyone they want to and fit it under the cap. Dallas should have and could have had a deal done with Dak and could have re-signed Jones or Quinn or whoever. They chose not to. That's an indictment on our front office because they keep expecting players to take "team-friendly" deals like Tyron, Martin, Collins, etc. 

To the topic, so I can understand them not wanting to sign ET because of his locker room concerns...but Tony Jefferson and Eric Reid are sitting out there. You have a need at safety, go sign them. Snacks Harrison is out there, you're having trouble in the middle of the DL, go get him. Address problems and at least make an effort to improve areas of weakness.

agreed. You sign Snacks and he sucks, it is what it is. you at least tried with Poe, Mccoy, Snacks. if they don't work out, clearly shows you have to look for a legit difference maker.

• Like 1

Just now, romo2bryant said:

agreed. You sign Snacks and he sucks, it is what it is. you at least tried with Poe, Mccoy, Snacks. if they don't work out, clearly shows you have to look for a legit difference maker.

Right? At least make an effort to get better. Doesn't work, oh well. Pretty sure anyone you sign now isn't going to effect the cap, so if they do suck you cut them without any negative consequences. 

Just now, D82 said:

Right? At least make an effort to get better. Doesn't work, oh well. Pretty sure anyone you sign now isn't going to effect the cap, so if they do suck you cut them without any negative consequences. 

Jefferson, Reid, Snacks all should be upgrades to what we currently have. If they aren't oh well but at least make an effort. Our best player on defence right now is a dude who hasn't played a full season since 2014 and a rookie. jesus man

2 minutes ago, romo2bryant said:

Jefferson, Reid, Snacks all should be upgrades to what we currently have. If they aren't oh well but at least make an effort. Our best player on defence right now is a dude who hasn't played a full season since 2014 and a rookie. jesus man

Something needs to change. What they're doing right now isn't really working. 

34 minutes ago, D82 said:

Id still sign ET. Sign him to a 1 year deal with some top end bonuses. If he isnt on his best behaviour, cut him.

I dont care that he punches teammates. Our secondary is already getting punched by every single team right now.

• Like 2

Sign Leary or Larry Warford. Shuffle Oline. Smith/Knight, Leary/Mcgovern, Biadasz, Martin, Collins. Never let C-Will play OG again. Looney is the interior backup and C-Will/Knight are the swing tackles.

Sign Snacks and Dareus. Sign Prince Amukamara. Sign ET. Sign Reid. Sign Randall. Sign Nigel Bradham. Sign Mychael Kendricks. 

Sign every single defensive free agent that you can. What we have is not working and start benching people to send a message. 

I get the offseason was a challenge and we have a new scheme. Our guys are in man coverage and cant stop anything. Scheme is an issue but so are our players.

• Like 1

Like I said yesterday, there isn’t an excuse that would satisfy me as to why Dallas isn’t in pursuit of someone at safety. No way you can watch this team and not see a glaring need....well unless you’re Stephen Jones of course.

I’m happy Dallas isn’t throwing money at whatever and whoever, but tbh, I feel like they’ve become increasingly stingy.