Why You Should Always Pay Attention to FCS Football

Thaiphoon

On 9/14/2020 at 10:28 PM, Thaiphoon said:

This is why it pays to pay attention to ALL of D-1 (FBS AND FCS) when you are scouting.

The fact that this guy went undrafted is a crime. I realize it was COVID and the lack of workouts. But the Fall season had already played. And I know we picked up Gibson, but this guy can ball. Watch him be something special (even in Jax).

https://www.sportscasting.com/who-is-james-robinson-the-undrafted-running-back-starting-in-jacksonville/

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2020/9/13/21435126/james-robinson-sets-nfl-record-for-undrafted-running-backs-in-debut

Finished with 62. But I think that was more of the Colts adjusting. He also had a catch for 28 yards.

Give it time and this guy is gonna be one that we're all like "how did this guy go undrafted??"

Who’s his offensive coordinator again? Oh that’s right, it’s Gruden. Gruden probably said wow, Robinson has 61 yards at halftime, thats too much we need to wing it more. 😂 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

On 9/15/2020 at 8:01 AM, MikeT14 said:

I don't disagree. Good with never spending higher than a 3rd on a guy. That said, I think guys like Zeke and McCaffrey have been worth it. Barkley would be fine on a little better team. 

Yeah, Barkley needs an OL and a TE who can block. He’s got major talent but that OL of the giants is pretty putrid, I think it’s worse than ours and that’s saying a whole hell of a lot.

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They need it so badly! I hate that they don’t at least have 8 teams competing in the CFBP. 

It really is a wussy (sorry I can't use other words here) bunch of excuses about why they don't. The $$ will still be there as the bowls aren't going away. Some of them can just be incorporated into the playoff system. There's literally no reason why FBS cannot have a 24 team playoff like FCS does. 

None.

The excuses I keep getting are for the same things that FCS has to deal with (exams, classes, too many games (*wah wah*), and yet FCS does it. Meanwhile the FBS darlings get their two game waltz to a "championship".

36 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

If you got better rest. You wouldnt be all tired and yawning.

But then again. Im the one that gets to sleep like a Champion.

ce84e83174c5c860485f339ed4a72b5a.jpg

LOL...

You got two more than JMU. But JMU actually has to work in the playoffs for it. You get a 2 game tease to the confetti.

Just bustin' yer marbles.

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It really is a wussy (sorry I can't use other words here) bunch of excuses about why they don't. The $$ will still be there as the bowls aren't going away. Some of them can just be incorporated into the playoff system. There's literally no reason why FBS cannot have a 24 team playoff like FCS does. 

None.

The excuses I keep getting are for the same things that FCS has to deal with (exams, classes, too many games (*wah wah*), and yet FCS does it. Meanwhile the FBS darlings get their two game waltz to a "championship".

Ill admit Im with you to a degree. But Im SEC. And not to be too overly arrogant. But for us our playoff is to win the SECW. Then the SEC. Then the BCS. Were not OSU or Clemson where you munch on a dozen creampuffs and march into the playoffs having done nothing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Ill admit Im with you to a degree. But Im SEC. And not to be too overly arrogant. But for us our playoff is to win the SECW. Then the SEC. Then the BCS. Were not OSU or Clemson where you munch on a dozen creampuffs and march into the playoffs having done nothing.

I get it, I do.

In FCS, those types of teams are usually gone by the 1st or 2nd round. It's why you have the automatic qualifiers for the conference champions and then the at-large bids and then you play over multiple rounds rather than just 2. Any team can get hot (including the ones that munch on creampuffs) for 2 games in the current FBS playoffs. Try to do it over 3-4 games (*) against teams from tougher conferences.  It's tough to do.

Think about if we didn't have March Madness for basketball and instead only had the top 4 teams play for the championship. That's insane.

(*) JMU had to do it with 5 games in 2004 when they won their first natty. They are the only visiting team to win every game on the road in the playoffs. 

15 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

(*) JMU had to do it with 5 games in 2004 when they won their first natty. They are the only visiting team to win every game on the road in the playoffs. 

Don’t even discuss this.

Were it not for a god damn hurricane grounding the high-flying Tribe offense in the semis, there would have been no such “first natty” for JMU. That asterisk belongs next to the trophy, which rightly should reside in Williamsburg next to Lang Campbell’s Walter Payton Award. 

• Like 1