Why You Should Always Pay Attention to FCS Football

Thaiphoon

15 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

If you got better rest. You wouldnt be all tired and yawning.

But then again. Im the one that gets to sleep like a Champion.

ce84e83174c5c860485f339ed4a72b5a.jpg

That’s so last season but I’m sure you’ll be riding that high for another decade until maybe LSU wins another one. You’re just lucky The Ohio State had to make the tough decision of choosing between Haskins & Burrow. If Burrow had won the starting Ohio State job in 2018, you would’ve never won your first National Championship since 2007. Just remember who got you that Championship, another Ohio guy! Athens, OH own - the home of Ohio University, I almost went there and have a handful of cousins who did - Joe Burrow. 

Super Freak Wink GIF by Rick James

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s so last season but I’m sure you’ll be riding that high for another decade until maybe LSU wins another one. You’re just lucky The Ohio State had to make the tough decision of choosing between Haskins & Burrow. If Burrow had won the starting Ohio State job in 2018, you would’ve never won your first National Championship since 2007. Just remember who got you that Championship, another Ohio guy! Athens, OH own - the home of Ohio University, I almost went there and have a handful of cousins who did - Joe Burrow. 

Super Freak Wink GIF by Rick James

Im going to be a fan of Bama, Clemson, OU, Oregon. Theyre all my favorites with LSU now. Along with some others. Cause I wanna bandwagon schools I didnt attend to guarantee a winner too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

Don’t even discuss this.

Were it not for a god damn hurricane grounding the high-flying Tribe offense in the semis, there would have been no such “first natty” for JMU. That asterisk belongs next to the trophy, which rightly should reside in Williamsburg next to Lang Campbell’s Walter Payton Award. 

I know that stung. What stings me is the lack of defensive coordinator for JMU in last year's natty (just ignoring Trey Lance running everytime his first read was covered). Guy killed us.

Or two years prior, Houston going conservative against NDSU (we meet them a lot in the natty apparently)

The other one was in 2015 when Vad Lee got injured in the playoffs. I was SURE we would get another natty that year.

On 9/17/2020 at 6:33 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Im going to be a fan of Bama, Clemson, OU, Oregon. Theyre all my favorites with LSU now. Along with some others. Cause I wanna bandwagon schools I didnt attend to guarantee a winner too.

If you’ve paid attention to what I’ve explained for a decade in this forum, I was born an Ohio State & Pittsburgh Steelers fan.  I became a Redskins fan in elementary school, and a Maryland fan when the basketball team became good in the 90s and I am from Maryland. Of course I also like WVU Bc I went there for two years but I feel no real affinity to them bc I didn’t graduate from there and even if I had I’m still a Buckeye fan and have been one since birth.

So, you’re telling me I can’t be an Ohio State fan bc I never lived there - but my parents did for 25 & 27 years until I was born in Maryland in 1979 - almost my entire family - both sides live in Ohio - I used to go there 6 plus times a year as a kid. I still go there 3 or 4 times a year. 

I’m definitely a Buckeye fan, it has nothing to do with being a bandwagon fan of there’s. If anything I’m a bandwagon Maryland fan bc I didn’t really start becoming a fan of Maryland until their basketball team started to get good under Gary Williams (former Ohio State coach) in the 90s.

Also, my parents were/are also Steelers fans growing up bc in the 70s, when they were in their 20s, where they grew up and lived in Ohio was only 45 min from Pittsburgh and Pitt was busy winning 4 Super Bowls.

I’ve said this a lot of times before, but you don’t make the rules on someone else’s fandom. Each person’s fandom in their own and their have their own stories and own reasons for it.

Edited by turtle28

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If you’ve paid attention to what I’ve explained for a decade in this forum, I was born an Ohio State & Pittsburgh Steelers fan.  I became a Redskins fan in elementary school, and a Maryland fan when the basketball team became good in the 90s and I am from Maryland. Of course I also like WVU Bc I went there for two years but I feel no real affinity to them bc I didn’t graduate from there and even if I had I’m still a Buckeye fan and have been one since birth.

So, you’re telling me I can’t be an Ohio State fan bc I never lived there - but my parents did for 25 & 27 years until I was born in Maryland in 1979 - almost my entire family - both sides live in Ohio - I used to go there 6 plus times a year as a kid. I still go there 3 or 4 times a year. 

I’m definitely a Buckeye fan, it has nothing to do with being a bandwagon fan of there’s. If anything I’m a bandwagon Maryland fan bc I didn’t really start becoming a fan of Maryland until their basketball team started to get good under Gary Williams (former Ohio State coach) in the 90s.

Also, my parents were/are also Steelers fans growing up bc in the 70s, when they were in their 20s, where they grew up and lived in Ohio was only 45 min from Pittsburgh and Pitt was busy winning 4 Super Bowls.

I’ve said this a lot of times before, but you don’t make the rules on someone else’s fandom. Each person’s fandom in their own and their have their own stories and own reasons for it.

Im not reading that. Ive heard it repeatedly.

Makes me sorry my favorite team Clemson beat my favorite team OSU in the playoffs. Even though my favorite team LSU beat my favorite team Clemson. Still sucks to hear you whine about its your favorite team that you didnt go to. Just like OSU is my favorite team I didnt go to like Clemson is.

28 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im not reading that. Ive heard it repeatedly.

Makes me sorry my favorite team Clemson beat my favorite team OSU in the playoffs. Even though my favorite team LSU beat my favorite team Clemson. Still sucks to hear you whine about its your favorite team that you didnt go to. Just like OSU is my favorite team I didnt go to like Clemson is.

This post makes exactly zero sense. I’ve never said anything like that ever and I can’t even figure out what you’re trying to say.

And of course you won’t read it, that’s what you do. You won’t acknowledge the truth even though you know it. 

What’s the next QB you’re going to get from Ohio so you can win a NCAA Championship? 😂 

All I know is week too week some of the best games I watch are FCS. You learn a lot about a really good player when he’s losing by a lot and he’s giving it his all against higher comp. as many players as I break down for the simple fact it’s how I spend my time between work and work I don’t fall in love with a lot of players but the guys that get me the most excited are these guys. Their usually never selected before round 3 late 2 if their just lights out the best in the show. But when you list team fits or coaching style fits and they go to one of those teams it’s a treat.

Last week had 3 huge upsets and probably 6 guys I can really see making a impact on sundays from not high profile schools. I know there’s more then FCS, Sun Belt, WAC I mean there’s no shortage of guys who can play. There’s quality to be seen I enjoy watching SDST,JMU or JanJose St just as much as I enjoy watching Clemson or Miami or any big dog team. Memphis is and has been very exciting. UCF has been cool Boise and I mean these teams get talked about. I know FCS was the point of the topic because Thai loves JMU but their putting guys out. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

All I know is week too week some of the best games I watch are FCS. You learn a lot about a really good player when he’s losing by a lot and he’s giving it his all against higher comp. as many players as I break down for the simple fact it’s how I spend my time between work and work I don’t fall in love with a lot of players but the guys that get me the most excited are these guys. Their usually never selected before round 3 late 2 if their just lights out the best in the show. But when you list team fits or coaching style fits and they go to one of those teams it’s a treat.

Last week had 3 huge upsets and probably 6 guys I can really see making a impact on sundays from not high profile schools. I know there’s more then FCS, Sun Belt, WAC I mean there’s no shortage of guys who can play. There’s quality to be seen I enjoy watching SDST,JMU or JanJose St just as much as I enjoy watching Clemson or Miami or any big dog team. Memphis is and has been very exciting. UCF has been cool Boise and I mean these teams get talked about. I know FCS was the point of the topic because Thai loves JMU but their putting guys out. 

Yeah, currently JMU has the most FCS players in the NFL right now. For example...Dallas' 3rd QB is JMU's QB from last season. Too bad he's behind Dak and Dalton.

And some of these other teams are just great to watch, I agree. I mean, for example, the guys not watching FCS didn't really know who Goedert was (outside of some scouting report and some youtube videos) until the Eagles took him and he played great for them. He's gonna end up their starter after they refuse to pay Ertz. And for good reason. 

Meanwhile, I watched that kid just destroy competition for years, for the Jacks at South Dakota St.

The point of the post was to talk about the part of D1 that the snobs don't want to realize exists but in fact is producing quite a lot of NFL caliber players. I just wish FCS wouldn't have the 22 scholarship disadvantage from FBS that exists now.

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, currently JMU has the most FCS players in the NFL right now. For example...Dallas' 3rd QB is JMU's QB from last season. Too bad he's behind Dak and Dalton.

And some of these other teams are just great to watch, I agree. I mean, for example, the guys not watching FCS didn't really know who Goedert was (outside of some scouting report and some youtube videos) until the Eagles took him and he played great for them. He's gonna end up their starter after they refuse to pay Ertz. And for good reason. 

Meanwhile, I watched that kid just destroy competition for years, for the Jacks at South Dakota St.

The point of the post was to talk about the part of D1 that the snobs don't want to realize exists but in fact is producing quite a lot of NFL caliber players. I just wish FCS wouldn't have the 22 scholarship disadvantage from FBS that exists now.

I get it and I’m very happy to throw some names if you would like. WR Johnathan Adams Jr. from Arkansas ST. Heck if we Change to the red wolves he’d be right at home no adjustment this guy balled out agains Kansas St. Every year he has improved at finding holes in zones and his hands are legit. Seperation speed will be his knock come the draft discussions but this kid has the alpha mentality when the balloon the air.  Great vertical and separates vertically with excellent cuts in and out of breaks. He’s the one I was on at the end of last year so just no notes there’s a guy worth checking out.

But JMU is killing it and your right with JMo and Goedart and guys that were either late round or undrafted that are earning playing time. You have reason to be excited not many smaller programs get this type of early impact from a number of prospects from this type of program. You guys are competing and really are right there too SDST who has been churning out in that level for some time. I know we’re both past rocking jerseys religiously I’m sure but I as a huge MO fan would rock his. For you there’s no way I wouldn’t have his JMU jersey at the house especially being apart of this team after his college career. 

• Like 1

Tulsa is flashing this defense early they are big in the front 7 with Henderson and that Mike backer Collins23  man they pursue and they come fast. OKST is getting punched in the mouth. Like Chuba Hubbard is a monster and Tulsa is just flying around the field. Both defenses are fast but Tulsa is about to put guys on the draft board that can make impacts. Henderson is a 3-4 nose. Huge push and plugs lanes for these backers to pursue. 

• Like 1