Tank for Trevor?

rf54

Where did all this talk of Diggs quitting on the team come from. He wasn't happy with the offense strategy and forced his way out to find a better situation, but at no point do I feel like he quit on the team. He wanted to win and he showed it on the field and on the sideline, in fact, I'd say he played a big part in energizing the team every week and the absence of his leadership and energy is playing a role in why our offensive performances have been lackluster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Viking said:

Where did all this talk of Diggs quitting on the team come from. He wasn't happy with the offense strategy and forced his way out to find a better situation, but at no point do I feel like he quit on the team. He wanted to win and he showed it on the field and on the sideline, in fact, I'd say he played a big part in energizing the team every week and the absence of his leadership and energy is playing a role in why our offensive performances have been lackluster. 

If you don’t want to be at your job any more, and you leave. It’s quitting. That doesn’t mean that you didn’t do your job while you were there. But you still quit. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If you don’t want to be at your job any more, and you leave. It’s quitting. That doesn’t mean that you didn’t do your job while you were there. But you still quit. 

I don't recall hearing anything about him threatening a holdout, so he didn't just leave, he voiced his displeasure and the team traded him, I don't see anything wrong w/ that and there is no reason to hold a grudge against him for it.

And I'll use your job analogy for a different point of view. If you accept a job based on description that fits your talents and you knw you'd thrive in but then your company just changes your role, with minimal warning, to something that doesn't fit your talents and your unable to maximize your potential, would you not voice your concerns and then look for a new job if management refuses to make changes to match what you originally accepted. 

34 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

He knew how bad Cousins was, and called it for what it was. The guy just got paid. All he cared about was winning. Now his team is 2-0 and we're 0-2. I doubt we would even give the Bills a decent game

The Bills have also played a pair of the worst teams in the league in the Jets and Dolphins. Even if they Dolphins are on a upward trajectory.

41 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I am going to agree that winning is important to them. But it is only important to them to the point of keeping fan interest up. I am sure they would love to win a Super Bowl, but they have not shown a willingness to make old changes from leaders that were doing just enough to keep fan interest sell tickets. They are content as long as they are winning enough to sell tickets.

I have been convinced for a little while now that the current philosophy of the Vikings GM is not one that will lead the team to a Super Bowl championship. I am equally convinced that changing GMs is more likely to make the team worse than make it better. The question then becomes, is it worth taking the risk of likely becoming worse for the chance of increasing your chance of a Super Bowl. Alternatively, be content with the status quo. What I have seen is the ownership being content.

Maybe you are right and then just want a consistently good team with a good culture.  I'm not convinced that firing them would have increased the teams chances to win the Super Bowl.  They don't have a crystal ball like many fans do to let them know that Zimmer will never win a Super Bowl. 

I think an argument could have been made at times to fire Zimmer and Spielman but not listening to those arguments and giving some coaches abs gms chances to be great after stabilizing the organization does not mean they don't care about winning. 

It remains to be seen what happens the rest of this season and how they respond to it

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm not convinced that firing them would have increased the teams chances to win the Super Bowl.

I am not either. It is more likely than not that the next GM will be worse than Spielman. But if not content with Spielman it is a chance you need to take. My observation is that Wilf has been content with Spielman.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Viking said:

I don't recall hearing anything about him threatening a holdout, so he didn't just leave, he voiced his displeasure and the team traded him, I don't see anything wrong w/ that and there is no reason to hold a grudge against him for it.

And I'll use your job analogy for a different point of view. If you accept a job based on description that fits your talents and you knw you'd thrive in but then your company just changes your role, with minimal warning, to something that doesn't fit your talents and your unable to maximize your potential, would you not voice your concerns and then look for a new job if management refuses to make changes to match what you originally accepted. 

I don’t hold a grudge against Diggs, and his reasons for wanting leave may have been perfectly reasonable. But that doesn’t change the fact that he quit. And calling fans who were displeased with him quitting human pieces of garbage is simply laughable. 

Diggs quit because he didn’t like where he felt  the team was going. Fans can be mad at him about quitting. 

The front office made decision that cost them one of their best players. Fans can be mad about that too. 

13 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I am not either. It is more likely than not that the next GM will be worse than Spielman. But if not content with Spielman it is a chance you need to take. My observation is that Wilf has been content with Spielman.

I think I would promote Paton. It likely wouldn’t involve a massive overhaul, which I don’t necessarily think is needed, but it would likely bring in a new perspective. 

30 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

The Bills have also played a pair of the worst teams in the league in the Jets and Dolphins. Even if they Dolphins are on a upward trajectory.

Chris collinsworth was ready to call the hopkins trade decent after Johnson looked good for a half so I suppose we can judge this one after 2 games

25 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Overall Spielman has brought a lot of talent to the team but the last few drafts aren't looking as good