Tank for Trevor?

rf54

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

Forgot about contract becoming guaranteed.

This is ultimately my main concern. Do we trust Spielman to take a QB if the Vikings are in that position?

I haven't trusted any person in the Vikings organization to draft a QB in my lifetime.  The most gotten out of any of them was Culpepper and even that was littered with issues as they only got a few years out of him.  So, do I trust Spielman?  Not any more or any less than any others.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cearbhall said:

It should be possible to trade Cousins. The question, IMO, is how much of his salary they'll have to eat in order to do it and what kind of pick they get for him. That would depend on how he performs between now and then.

The best you could hope for is a Alex Smith-type trade...and I'm not sure even that could happen, since even Alex Smith is far more consistent than Kirk.

Just now, swede700 said:

The best you could hope for is a Alex Smith-type trade...and I'm not sure even that could happen, since even Alex Smith is far more consistent than Kirk.

If the team drafts a first round QB any trade that gets Cousins off the books is a good trade for the Vikings IMO. It is better than cutting him and eating the guaranteed salaries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I haven't trusted any person in the Vikings organization to draft a QB in my lifetime.  The most gotten out of any of them was Culpepper and even that was littered with issues as they only got a few years out of him.  So, do I trust Spielman?  Not any more or any less than any others.  

I thought the question was more about whether they would take aQB with Cousins in the roster

32 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I thought the question was more about whether they would take aQB with Cousins in the roster

Minnesota took Culpepper when we had Jeff George. KC took Mahome when they had a good QB in Smith. Baltimore took Jackson when they had Super Bowl winning Flacco. San Diego took Herbert when they had Charger legend Rivers. Minnesota needs to take a chance if available a new frachise QB. As a franchise we deserve him. So tired of taking the leftovers from other franchises. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Minnesota took Culpepper when we had Jeff George. KC took Mahome when they had a good QB in Smith. Baltimore took Jackson when they had Super Bowl winning Flacco. San Diego took Herbert when they had Charger legend Rivers. Minnesota needs to take a chance if available a new frachise QB. As a franchise we deserve him. So tired of taking the leftovers from other franchises. 

Pretty sure Rivers had already moved on when they drafted his replacement but i agree that they should be looking to draft a QB if they are picking that high.  Possibly even if they are picking lower

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Pretty sure Rivers had already moved on when they drafted his replacement but i agree that they should be looking to draft a QB if they are picking that high.  Possibly even if they are picking lower

Correct, but SD did trade for/draft Rivers when they still had Brees.

Edited by swede700