Tank for Trevor?

rf54

26 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Through 1/4 of the season and we’re 1-3. 

Tough 1/4 coming up with @Seattle, Atlanta, @Green Bay and Detroit. 

This team hasn’t really played consistent football in all 3 phases this year.

I’m predicting we’ll be 1-6 heading into the Lions game. We’re not tanking but I just don’t think we’re built to win, currently, against the next 3 teams on our schedule.

I could see them beating Atlanta and Detroit

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Condolences to the tank crowd on the Vikings W. I imagine a Vikings W is a big L for the tank crowd. Keep your chins up though. There is always next year. Perhaps the dream 0-16 season will happen then.

I don't know if I'd go that far.  There is a log jam of teams sitting at 1-3.  The only team with a worse record is the Jets, and they might have a surprise win in them somewhere along the way this season.  Number one overall is still very doable. 

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know if I'd go that far.  There is a log jam of teams sitting at 1-3.  The only team with a worse record is the Jets, and they might have a surprise win in them somewhere along the way this season.  Number one overall is still very doable. 

I think they are more likely to go 13-3 than 1-16

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think they are more likely to go 13-3 than 1-16

It's probably not in the cards, but we have to have something to cheer for, and I have ZERO faith in their ability to win their next 12 games.  Cheering them on to 6 or 8 wins just doesn't get my excitement level up.  We will just have to see how the season shapes up. 

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Giants, Texans, and Eagles are all also winless. Agreed about log jam though. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It's probably not in the cards, but we have to have something to cheer for, and I have ZERO faith in their ability to win their next 12 games.  Cheering them on to 6 or 8 wins just doesn't get my excitement level up.  We will just have to see how the season shapes up. 

We can't control it so I'd rather cheer for them to win and for the young players to continue to establish themselves

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Giants, Texans, and Eagles are all also winless. Agreed about log jam though. 

You're right.  Sorry about the error on my part.  We just have to hope the Giants can find a way to win one.  You would think the Eagles can squeak out at least another tie (hahaha), and the Texans should easily win a few before the season is over. 

I don't know if I saw this site in this thread, but if anybody wants to follow how things are going, http://www.tankathon.com/nfl is a pretty fun way to keep up on the situation. 

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

We can't control it so I'd rather cheer for them to win and for the young players to continue to establish themselves

No problem.  I can't blame you for feeling that way.  I know I'm going against the grain in wanting them to lose this year.  It feels strange, but I'm just trying to do something different in hopes of a big payoff down the line.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You're right.  Sorry about the error on my part.  We just have to hope the Giants can find a way to win one.  You would think the Eagles can squeak out at least another tie (hahaha), and the Texans should easily win a few before the season is over. 

I don't know if I saw this site in this thread, but if anybody wants to follow how things are going, http://www.tankathon.com/nfl is a pretty fun way to keep up on the situation. 

Just clicked on that link and I forgot that Houston owes Miami their 1st which is currently 3rd. Wowzers.