rf54

Tank for Trevor?

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Key week 6 matchups for those keeping track.

Falcons (0-5) @ Vikings (1-4)

Washington (1-4) @ Giants (0-5)

Jets (0-5) @ Dolphins (2-3)

Current order per http://www.tankathon.com/nfl:

1. Giants
2. Falcons
3. Jets
4. Washington
5. Vikings

Kind of crazy 4 of the top 5 are duking it out next weekend.

Yeah there is no way the Vikings are a worse team than those four above them.  So no way they get Trevor Lawrence now, but Fields or Lance would be very tempting as a developmental future QB.  Obviously would love the local kid but I do question his passing ability big time, and neither one of them are even close to Lawrence in terms of talent or upside.

Would have been nice to see Trey Lance a full season but obviously that will never happen, would love to see him in a prove it season where everyone is gunning for him unlike most of all last season where few even knew much him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

1. Giants
2. Falcons
3. Jets
4. Washington
5. Vikings

If we lose and the Jets and Redskins accidentally win, we got a shot at Lawrence!

11 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

This Herbert kid is pretty good

Must say the Chargers are arguably one of the best 1-4 teams in NFL history.  And are in a much better place than the Vikings are.

With the injury to Allen last night, here are the guys they have out as a team who are all basically starters.

Keenan Allen
Melvin Ingram III
Derwin James
Chris Harris Jr
Austin Ekeler
Mike Pouncey
Trai Turner
Bryan Bulaga
Dru Tranquill
Justin Jones

That team is so damn a talented and still can perform even with all those other guys in there.  The DB core is as deep as any in the NFL and potentially could be great long term, have a promising young QB and a great overall team defense when guys are all healthy.  The Vikings are not missing that many starters who are key outside of Hunter.  

The NFL has so much parity it is crazy that a team as talented as the Chargers can have a record like that, or that the 49ers who looked amazing last year, without a few guys in there looks simply bad.  The Vikings could easily be 3-2 though right now no doubt about it.  Will see what they look like against the Falcons, who sure are a bad football team but Matt Ryan is still 4th in the NFL in passing yards and could rip them apart.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Must say the Chargers are arguably one of the best 1-4 teams in NFL history.  And are in a much better place than the Vikings are.

With the injury to Allen last night, here are the guys they have out as a team who are all basically starters.

Keenan Allen
Melvin Ingram III
Derwin James
Chris Harris Jr
Austin Ekeler
Mike Pouncey
Trai Turner
Bryan Bulaga
Dru Tranquill
Justin Jones

That team is so damn a talented and still can perform even with all those other guys in there.  The DB core is as deep as any in the NFL and potentially could be great long term, have a promising young QB and a great overall team defense when guys are all healthy.  The Vikings are not missing that many starters who are key outside of Hunter.  

The NFL has so much parity it is crazy that a team as talented as the Chargers can have a record like that, or that the 49ers who looked amazing last year, without a few guys in there looks simply bad.  The Vikings could easily be 3-2 though right now no doubt about it.  Will see what they look like against the Falcons, who sure are a bad football team but Matt Ryan is still 4th in the NFL in passing yards and could rip them apart.  

Matt Ryan is only 4th in passing yards because they've had to play from behind every game.  He's been very average this year.

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

If we lose and the Jets and Redskins accidentally win, we got a shot at Lawrence!

Who are the Redskins?  😉

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah there is no way the Vikings are a worse team than those four above them.  So no way they get Trevor Lawrence now, but Fields or Lance would be very tempting as a developmental future QB.  Obviously would love the local kid but I do question his passing ability big time, and neither one of them are even close to Lawrence in terms of talent or upside.

Would have been nice to see Trey Lance a full season but obviously that will never happen, would love to see him in a prove it season where everyone is gunning for him unlike most of all last season where few even knew much him.

I'm just painting the picture as it currently exists.

38 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm just painting the picture as it currently exists.

Yeah, I just think everyone knows it won't end up that way, as, to this point, the Vikings have had one of the most difficult schedules of any team in the NFL.  While they should be at least 2-3, the road from here on out is going to be a little easier, and they likely won't finish with a pick in the top 10...and definitely not in the top 5.  It would be a complete surprise for them to be in that position.

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, I just think everyone knows it won't end up that way, as, to this point, the Vikings have had one of the most difficult schedules of any team in the NFL.  While they should be at least 2-3, the road from here on out is going to be a little easier, and they likely won't finish with a pick in the top 10...and definitely not in the top 5.  It would be a complete surprise for them to be in that position.

I don't disagree as we have been playing better since the Colts game.

I don’t think we will have a top 10 pick either. When does Kyle Trask start entering the conversation? He look like the real deal for Florida and has the makings to be a really good NFL QB..

22 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

1. Giants
2. Falcons
3. Jets
4. Washington
5. Vikings

What does everybody think the firing of the Falcons GM and HC will do for/to their performance against us this week?  Will they be down because they miss their old coach, or will it give them a lift because they are glad to get rid of him? 

35 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

I don’t think we will have a top 10 pick either. When does Kyle Trask start entering the conversation? He look like the real deal for Florida and has the makings to be a really good NFL QB..

The Draft Network has him somewhere around a 3rd rd pick.  Just reading upon him, I'm concerned (and could certainly be wrong), because he has the HS/college experience equivalent to Brad Johnson, as last year was the first time he ever even started, even dating back to HS.  

49 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The Draft Network has him somewhere around a 3rd rd pick.  Just reading upon him, I'm concerned (and could certainly be wrong), because he has the HS/college experience equivalent to Brad Johnson, as last year was the first time he ever even started, even dating back to HS.  

I will remind you...Brad Johnson has a Super Bowl ring.  Yeah sure, great defense, he was a game manager.  Really  good game managers, who make quality decisions can help win championships...but, truthfully...I never heard of Kyle Trask and have no opinion as to him being a viable quarterback for the Vikings.

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

I will remind you...Brad Johnson has a Super Bowl ring.  Yeah sure, great defense, he was a game manager.  Really  good game managers, who make quality decisions can help win championships...but, truthfully...I never heard of Kyle Trask and have no opinion as to him being a viable quarterback for the Vikings.

Brad Johnson was certainly the exception as he certainly accomplished a hell of a lot more than Casey Weldon did.  But, he also got to learn from Warren Moon and got the actual starting level experience in the World League.  I would take a Brad Johnson as a quality backup right now (well, not the 2006 Brad Johnson), but not rely on him for the future...unless, you're possibly talking about his son, who'll be available in 2-3 years, since he's a freshman at LSU.  But, then again, he might end up as a back up too, considering they have a couple of high-end recruits coming in the next couple of years.

Edited by swede700

I’d trade a 4th round pick for Dwayne Haskins and let him sit behind Kirk for a year. I’d still look at drafting a QB high this year too. Keep 3 QBs next year and let Kirk know he’s playing to not get cut after next season.