Tank for Trevor?

rf54

1 hour ago, babababa said:

No...I can't stand the idea of tanking -- whether you're joking or not. I know some guys think that just because this is a lost season tanking is somehow validated, but in my opinion it never is. I hate it. I hate that this thread continues to be posted on week after week since week 1. It has become a jinx. 

If this team continues to lose because they are that bad so be it, but I would never root for a team that lays over and dies. Where's the John Randle ferocity?

I won't post on this thread again. I just wish everyone else would follow this move and stop.

Am I being too serious? By far, but others have been too flippant about the idea. 

I'm still of the opinion that they're going to end up winning 6-7 games.

46 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm still of the opinion that they're going to end up winning 6-7 games.

Where do you see 6-7 wins? 

There’s maybe 3 teams left on the schedule that I could see the Vikings beating, if they show up. But they’ve failed to show up in half their games so far. If they continue to play like they did against Atlanta, Indianapolis, or Green Bay they aren’t beating anyone. 

31 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Where do you see 6-7 wins? 

There’s maybe 3 teams left on the schedule that I could see the Vikings beating, if they show up. But they’ve failed to show up in half their games so far. If they continue to play like they did against Atlanta, Indianapolis, or Green Bay they aren’t beating anyone. 

Week 8 @ GB: Loss (1-6)
Week 9 vs. DET: Could go either way...we'll say win (2-6)
Week 10 @ Chicago: Loss (2-7)
Week 11 vs. Dallas: Win (3-7)
Week 12 vs. Carolina: Loss (3-8)
Week 13 vs. Another tough one....Jacksonville: Win (4-8)
Week 14 @ Tampa: Loss (4-9)
Week 15 vs. Chicago: Loss (4-10)
Week 16 @ Saints: Loss (4-11)
Week 17 @ Detroit: Loss (4-12)

Could be anywhere from 3-13 to 5-11. I fully expect the team to be checked out if they get killed by GB next week.

27 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Could be anywhere from 3-13 to 5-11. I fully expect the team to be checked out if they get killed by GB next week.

The only 3 teams that I see as beatable, with the way the Vikings have played these first 6 weeks, are Detroit, Dallas, and Jacksonville. And even those games would need to be won in a shootout fashion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

2-14 would be okay as long as we beat GB lol

• Like 1

The more I think about it, forget tank for Trevor because that is obviously a pipe dream.  There are a lot of bad teams in the NFL, worse than the Vikings and ones that will probably lose more games than the Vikings so Trevor Lawrence is really not an option, would be great but is not realistic.

More like tank for Trey Lance.  Sure he is a project but is a local kid, great athlete, can move in the pocket, throw on the run and has big time upside and a very strong arm.  Is smart with the football, comes from a solid family and is a great kid.  Could be used in a RPO run game, great on run fakes and bootlegs, and in the NFL today being able to move around at QB is as important as ever and he can do exactly that.  Could develop him for the future and have him sit and wait a little bit if need be behind Cousins since most likely they cannot move Cousins anywhere.  Honestly would love to just get rid of Cousins and start the rookie right away next year but again probably not going to happen.

But maybe Trey Lance will not be around but one better hope Justin Fields has a great season and Lance falls because of his lack of game tape this past season.  Still physically there is a ton to work with not to mention being a local kid, he could be the QB for the future and should be the #1 realistic QB target for the Vikings come draft day honestly.

PS the Chargers are arguably one of the best if not the best 1-4 team in NFL history, that team is stacked and should be prime for great things in the future.  Real curious thing will be are the Jets and Giants just going to throw Darnold and Jones in the garbage just because they have the #1 or #2 pick?  Both have shown ability to play despite lacking talent around them, especially Darnold.  

EjMhqYuVkAA9Gfe.jpg

Oh that is just a homer pick.  Nah, Lance is a big time athlete with a live arm.  Developmentally I do question the competition he has gone up against but if he can sit a year or two and learn/develop, he could be something at the next level.  Obviously the Vikings need something at that QB spot because clearly Kirk Cousins has never been the answer and never will be.

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Lance is the perfect QB to stash behind Cousins. 

Totally agree, at first I wanted to see another season for Trey Lance for him to kind of prove it.  But maybe the Vikings could get him a little lower than he should since he did not play a full season this year and was only one game.  Again Trevor Lawrence would be great but is not realistic so Trey Lance is the #1 hopefully I feel.  Justin Fields would not be bad but Lance arguably has more upside and is more athletic.  

Just sucks that Kirk Cousins cap hit for 2020 is around $21 mil, 2021 is around $31 mil then 2022 is $45 mil.  That is just awful we are stuck to him with that contract, at least he never gets hurt so at least they are not paying him for nothing but by his play and actions at times it is basically like paying him for nothing.

I’d love to bring Lance in here if we have a staff in place prepared to use his strengths. A pairing of Trey Lance and Greg Roman would be fantastic. 

Dalvin Cook is the type of back who could excel in an RPO style attack as he doesn’t need to have a full head of steam after he takes the handoff. 

Lance, Cook, Jefferson, Thielen, Smith is a solid set of weapons; though, we still need to figure out 3/5ths of the line. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Obviously T-Law is who we ALL want but I'd still be ecstatic with any of the top QBs.

Vikings RARELY get a top-10 pick (only 9 times since 1970) and none of those were QB's.

I just want that satisfaction of finally getting a top flight QB in the draft.....

That ball was humming. I’d be comfortable with any of the top guys.

• Like 1