Tank for Trevor?

rf54

8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

As long as we don't go 1-15 or worse, Zimmer stays. I'm sticking to that.

No matter what happens, (barring a catastrophic injury) Cousins is our QB next season.

I do think they need to find a successor, but if they have a top 10 pick and they have the ability to get Sewell or Leatherwood, I'm taking them over any of the QBs.  They need to resolve that LT situation pronto...and without a 2nd rd pick now, they won't have that chance later.  

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

As long as we don't go 1-15 or worse, Zimmer stays. I'm sticking to that.

Rumors were flying that Zimmer was a goner if we lost to New Orleans in the playoffs last year. 

If they don’t make the playoffs this year, especially with an extra playoff seat, Zimmer may get shown the door. If they finish with one of the worst records in the league, there’s I doubt in my mind that he’s gone. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Going after Gladney of all the guys on this Defense -- where there was no pass-rush by the vets -- really? Yes Cousins had his worst game as a Viking, but this isn't something I've seen from him before. It's unusual. Maybe the offensive line and play-calling have more to do with his struggles than this guy will even bother to address/let on. I remember a run on a 3rd and 9 early in the game that should have never been called. Then, this guy places blame on Cook in these 2 games and his contract? Well that's just insane. Cook had a dropped pass against GB and that's been the extent of anything bad that he's done. He's been solid and had a great TD run yesterday. When a team gets down a team has to pass the ball. He then goes on to say that he predicts Vikings would be bad and says 3-13 -- "told you so" says the smartest guy in the room. The alarmists need to tone it down.

Before the season started I was predicting a 6 win season.  Going into Week 1, I tried to buy the hype and convince myself we could win as many as 8 games.  Based on how they have looked, however, I'm actually starting to think we are probably looking at a maximum of 4 wins, and could actually see a 1 or 2 win season a possibility based on the way we looked in Week 2 (I didn't watch Week 1.  Only listened on the radio).

Week 1:  Green Bay Packers  -  Lost
Week 2:  Indianapolis Colts  -  Lost

Week 3:  Tennessee Titans
Week 4:  @ Houston Texans
Week 5:  @ Seattle Seahawks   (Sunday Night)
Week 6:  Atlanta Falcons
Week 7:  Bye
Week 8:  @ Green Bay Packers
Week 9:  Detroit Lions
Week 10:  @ Chicago Bears
Week 11:  Dallas Cowboys
Week 12:  Carolina Panthers
Week 13:  Jacksonville Jaguars
Week 14:  @ Tampa Bay Bucaneers
Week 15:  Chicago Bears
Week 16:  @ New Orleans Saints
Week 17:  @ Detroit Lions

Looking at this schedule, the only games I see where we have a decent shot at winning would be Carolina, Jacksonville, or either of the Detroit match-ups.  There could also be that strange situation where we pull out a win against a good team that nobody sees coming.  Other than that, we may actually be in the running for the #1 pick.  

By the way, I would just like to say that I am not a proponent of actually trying to lose games to "tank" a season for a better draft pick.  I just think we might be in a situation where we could actually be trying to win those games and still end up losing them.  

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Rumors were flying that Zimmer was a goner if we lost to New Orleans in the playoffs last year. 

If they don’t make the playoffs this year, especially with an extra playoff seat, Zimmer may get shown the door. If they finish with one of the worst records in the league, there’s I doubt in my mind that he’s gone. 

Okay its settled.

We get the 8th seed this year, losing on the last tiebreaker with the 7th seed time (likely Philly)!