QB to start your Franchise

RUGmen

On 9/21/2020 at 8:31 PM, AntonChigurh said:

Kyler is on Lamar's talent level as a runner

And he is similar level to Mahomes throwing wise. 

Its not inconceivable to have him in this conversation. 

Ill hang my hat on that

Nobody is on Mahomes level as a passer. I’m not sure anyone is particularly close. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on what else we can guarantee to be around them from coaching staff and talent on the OL, RB, and receiver position.  If we can choose the coach as well as 1 pretty good group, average group, and 1 meh group, I'd probably pick Brees, Mahomes, Brady, or Wilson.

Brees and Brady with their long time coaches with pretty good OLs, good running games, and meh WRs is the majority of their careers when they were successful.

Mahomes and Wilson I think can get by with less talent at OL due to their mobility but would do well with a stronger RB or WR performance still.

On 9/16/2020 at 12:26 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'd pick between Tom Brady and Russell Wilson. They're the only QB's I've seen able to survive without being smothered in talent around them.

Literally the two QB's who might have been the most "smothered in talent" to start their careers off.

It took Russell Wilson a good 8 seasons in the league before he actually started to elevate the team around him. Remember when he had the best year of his career and the Seahawks missed the playoffs?

7 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Exaggeration is exaggeration. There is quite a few as good. Maybe not as creative. 

As good? Maybe you think that by saying it enough times it'll become true ! Must be hard hating the best player in the NFL like you do.. 

1 hour ago, rich homie said:

Literally the two QB's who might have been the most "smothered in talent" to start their careers off.

It's like people forget the Seahawks were considered one of the most talented teams in the NFL back when Wilson first got started.  It isn't like they came out of nowhere in 2013 to win the Super Bowl - most people knew they were going to be a contender.  They had one of the best defenses ever early in Wilson's career, Lynch was in the midst of the best stretch of his career ('11-'14), and 2 strong receivers (especially after the catch) in Tate and Baldwin.  Kearse was a big play guy too.  

2 hours ago, rich homie said:

It took Russell Wilson a good 8 seasons in the league before he actually started to elevate the team around him. Remember when he had the best year of his career and the Seahawks missed the playoffs?

37 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

It's like people forget the Seahawks were considered one of the most talented teams in the NFL back when Wilson first got started.  It isn't like they came out of nowhere in 2013 to win the Super Bowl - most people knew they were going to be a contender.  They had one of the best defenses ever early in Wilson's career, Lynch was in the midst of the best stretch of his career ('11-'14), and 2 strong receivers (especially after the catch) in Tate and Baldwin.  Kearse was a big play guy too.  

Russell Wilson has had no offensive line for basically his entire career, his team has shifted through RB's every 2-3 years despite being a run-first team and his best WR through the first half of his career was UDFA Doug Baldwin. Yeah, he had a good defense for the first half but didn't have much talent on offense around him and still dominated.

Then he got paid, the team got worse but Wilson actually continued to get better. Wilson, for me, is the only QB in the NFL where the talent around him can change as much as possible but Russ' production stays consistently elite. You cannot say that about any other QB.

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

As good? Maybe you think that by saying it enough times it'll become true ! Must be hard hating the best player in the NFL like you do.. 

Nope. I just know there is multiple qbs as good, no question about it. But keep being delusional, doesn't effect my life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Then he got paid, the team got worse but Wilson actually continued to get better.

Yeah that's my point. I'm not saying he's a bad QB or anything but up until 2018, the Seahawks just got worse and worse the more they relied on Wilson. leading up to him having the best season of his career but his team missing the playoffs. Now I hate QBWinz but that's not the course you want your franchise to take when relying on a star QB.

This is a discussion on all-time QB's who you'd start a franchise with, as much as I like Russell, he doesn't come anywhere close to the top of my list, just due to the circumstances.