Points Allowed Per Game 17.0 20.0
Total Yards 258.0 410.0
Yards Passing 178.0 230.0
Yards Rushing 80.0 180.0
Yards Allowed 327.0 382.0
Pass Yards Allowed 270.0 259.0
Rush Yards Allowed 57.0 123.0

Keys to the Game:

1) Containing Kyler Murray. That Front 7 needs a repeat of Week 1 to keep Kyler contained and uncomfortable. It's going to be a tough task.

2) Dwayne needs to limit the mistakes again. Improve some of the throws he made, and continue to not have turnovers. 

3) Establish some semblance of a run game. Keep the Cards D honest. 

(lowkey kinda excited this is a 4 pm game because a) I am coming back from a weekend at the beach and b) 1 pm Redzone all day baby).

• Like 2

Winnable matchup. Like the Eagles game showed. The defense can put the team in scoring position with some kind of regularity. I dont expect the starting field position to average behind their 35-40. If the Cards did manage to pin them deep a few times. Then the games in their favor. But Im not seeing it.

Wash 24

Cards 17

Gentleman as you all know dealing with Murray causes problems all over the place. If you ever watched Kingsbury and the Cardinals offense you will notice it has the smell of a college feel all over it. I follow OU football, watched Murray play in person he is from Dallas now and I keep up with the Big 12 football. Texas tech Kingsbury (Mahomes) offense is very similar to Lincoln Riley. At some point Kingsbury will unleash his pass happy quick release, up tempo offense in full force which cause exhaustion preventing the D get set. The quick release and quick route means less time for pass rushers to make sacks. It's important for defenses to keep the RB/WR in front of them and tackle. This is pretty much the same **** we run at Oklahoma.

The NFL and its fans have not seen the full version. Kingsbury/Riley loves spread you out defensively in a bunch of different ways. This is one of the areas Murray excels and this is tough on a defense. Imagine your Def has good coverage and a good pass rush and Murray gets loose. Use his ability the best way they can and that’s to make plays with his feet or strong arm and he is faster than you think ok.

• Like 1

Not sure if we win this one. Going to be tough game for sure.

Cardinals have a lot of talent on the Offensive side of the ball & a QB that could be a problem if he's able to roam free without anyone in his face all game.

If we can slow their running game down & make them 1-dimensional, we might have a chance. 

Turnovers could be the difference in this game.

Our offense needs to step up this game. Be it running, passing, or both.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

wsh.png&h=100&w=100 vs. ari.png&h=100&w=100

Keys to the Game:

1) Containing Kyler Murray. That Front 7 needs a repeat of Week 1 to keep Kyler contained and uncomfortable. It's going to be a tough task.

2) Dwayne needs to limit the mistakes again. Improve some of the throws he made, and continue to not have turnovers. 

3) Establish some semblance of a run game. Keep the Cards D honest. 

My Keys

So the question is how would you defend Murray and this off from beating you with his legs. 1) My suggestion is a contain rush is paramount. Keep him in the pocket. You must force him to stay in the pocket. DE’s must be more concern about containment not sacks.   It’s very hard on a defense when you can’t keep a guy contained like Murray b/c once he’s loose it makes guys on the back end cover long time or he can take it to the house. If you want to rush him up field and he takes off, good luck in catching him. Having a spy will helpful to.

2) Try to confuse and keep Murray and Kingsbury guessing.  Fake blitzes/blitzes/zone blitzes, dropping lineman in coverage. Now I know Stopping Murray and containing him are two different stories besides he’s not throwing to himself. He has Hopkins also. 3) Keep the D line fresh when possible 4) This may sound strange but force Kingsbury to run the ball more remember this OFF love to air it out. 5)  As with any OFF your DL must be penetrative and disruptive.

Now here is something else to think about. Our Off is in its tricycle stage LOL  So it will take longer for this Off to get its groove on. Bad news but it’s understandable. Just the wrong time. So we will be a one dimensional team relying on our D to carry us.

Edited by 4209

Our OL has to be way better and we’re gonna be busy trying to get after Murray and containing these big wide outs could be a challenge. But we will see Kyler is a really exciting football player but we do have speed so it’s a huge test for us!! I’m excited to see this matchup

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

On that note: 

The left side of our OL had a rough debut, they needed preseason more than anyone. While the Cards have Chandler Jones, the rest of their DL is not as stout as the Eagles DL. They don’t have an interior DL on the level of Fletcher Cox, few teams do and they don’t have the depth of the Eagles who can bring in guys like Malik Jackson who bowled over Wes Martin when Martin has horrible form/leverage trying stone Jackson’s bull rush.

But, that was the first half, I think they had a better second half, but there’s no doubt they must improve and fast or they’ll have to be replaced by hopefully Charles and I guess Wes Scherweitzer?

If Roullier doesn’t improve, we may see Keith Ismael in a month.

I really think we’d be wise to have to run a lot of two TE sets and double Jones w/ Speinkle while chipping him with Gibson, McKissic or Barber depending on who’s in the game.

We’re also going to have to go quick game a lot like to neutralize Jones like we did in the second half vs the Eagles bc our OL couldn’t to slow down their pas rush. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1