Week 2: Washington Football Team (1-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-0) 4 PM on FOX

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Except the Giants have tried to put weapons around him, and he's still trash.

It will be most interesting to see how that qb class plays out.  Upon being picked it was called a huge reach, then Jones was declared an instant franchise qb.  Will the sophmore year bring him down to reality and where will it leave Haskins.  Questions we won't have answers to for many weeks, but it certainly should clear by the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

McKissic has been in the league since 2016. What you see is what you get. He’s not going to morph into anything better in my opinion. 

They looked at the route tree he could run and it was similar to what they did in Carolina with McCaffrey.  Could be possible he is a late bloomer.  Maybe hes not the right guy to bring in, but I definitely don't disagree with letting Thompson walk at this point. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Not re-signing Ereck Flowers was so stupid. We easily could’ve afforded it. 

I don't know if it was financial, or more thinking that he'd revert to what he was. It's also possible (given his reputation in NY) that Rivera didn't want him because he didn't align with what culture he was trying to build.

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They looked at the route tree he could run and it was similar to what they did in Carolina with McCaffrey.  Could be possible he is a late bloomer.  Maybe hes not the right guy to bring in, but I definitely don't disagree with letting Thompson walk at this point. 

CT was also a good blocker. Just don’t think much of McKissic at all. Think he’s camp fodder and has no business being atop the depth chart no matter how superficial that is. 

1 minute ago, Woz said:

I don't know if it was financial, or more thinking that he'd revert to what he was. It's also possible (given his reputation in NY) that Rivera didn't want him because he didn't align with what culture he was trying to build.

Could also be they weren't sure about his fit in the zone-blocking system.  

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

I understand culture but my lord, you can’t just let everyone go and bring in a bunch of back ups for the sake of culture. 

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Could also be they weren't sure about his fit in the zone-blocking system.  

Could be the case. Rivera did say he wanted to bring him back and the media members said the same thing. When he signed in Miami, JP Finlay and Keim said they didn’t expect him to get that kind of offer and didn’t think they could spend that on him. It’s part of the reason I’ve been so aggravated with this regime. Tons of cap and spending what they did on camp fodder was silly.