Week 2: Washington Football Team (1-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-0) 4 PM on FOX

MikeT14

I think the defensive line will be awesome again but we’ll lose. You can’t win consistently if you just don’t have the horses on offense. We have one extremely good receiver and then two other players on offense that can be potentially good players in Sims and Gibson. I just hate the fact that they wouldn’t leave Gibson in the game and where’s Bryce Love? McKissick is terrible and Barber is slow. Get some speed on the field.

Cardinals 24

Redskins 17

26 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think the defensive line will be awesome again but we’ll lose. You can’t win consistently if you just don’t have the horses on offense. We have one extremely good receiver and then two other players on offense that can be potentially good players in Sims and Gibson. I just hate the fact that they wouldn’t leave Gibson in the game and where’s Bryce Love? McKissick is terrible and Barber is slow. Get some speed on the field.

Cardinals 24

Redskins 17

100% need to see more of Gibson. 

McKissic definitely didn’t have a good game but our OL - particularly Christian & Martin - had bad games. You can’t go anywhere if your OL doesn’t hold its blocks, just look at Saquon Barkley from last night, yards rushing on 15 carries, a .4 avg, bc the Giants OL got destroyed by the Steelers front 7.

Barber is great on special teams, had 2 rushing TDs and is a good pass blocker. He’s by no means a Star, but we need him bc he’s an all around good back and he’s a better short yardage option than the other 3 backs.

I don’t think Love is ready for Primetime. I remember hearing from beat reporters the last week or so of practice in August that they feared he might not make the team bc he seemed to have hit a wall so to say. I like that they kept him bc I think he can be an answer for us in the future to go with Gibson, but I don’t think Love is ready yet.

But, I could be wrong, just going off of what the beat reporters were saying.

I don’t see us winning this game. I don’t think we can cover DHop, Fitz & Christian Kirk @ WR. Kenyan Drake is a versatile back that will give us problems in the passing game I think. 

The one thing they don’t have is the TEs that the Eagles have, but they make up for that w/ Fitz bc he plays a lot like a TE nowadays.

Terry vs Patrick Peterson concerns me, Peterson could keep Terry in check. 

As everyone has said, Chandler Jones vs Christian is the biggest mismatch of all mismatches, as I said before I think we’re going to have to double him by keeping Sprinkle in more often than not as an extra blocker and by chipping Jones w/ whatever back is in to slow down his rush.

The one chance we have is that the Cardinals OL isn’t great, so our DL could dominate like last week, but I don’t know if that’s enough on its own to overcome the Cardinals but, it may be if Murray can’t get in a rhythm/elude our pass rushers. I hope we bring the heat and delayed blitzes w: Bostic and Collins like we did last week.

Oh boy, I didn’t know the Cardinals signed Jordan Phillips, Phillips vs Wes Martin could be a major issue. Phillips is a really powerful  DT/3-4 DE who is surprisingly pretty athletic despite being 340 lbs, he had 9.5 sacks last year in Buffalo. That match up could get ugly. 😢

Edited by turtle28

We are going to get trounced.  It's not Week 1 anymore.  Kyler Murray will be effective on the ground and through the air- we will have to designate a spy for him, and I imagine Kingsbury is going to use his legs as much as possible to get him away from the pass-rush, as well as short, quick tempo passes to neutralize the defensive line.  Expect them to target Apke again with Nuk Hopkins.  

On offense, Patrick Peterson and Budda Baker can take McLaurin out of the game.  Chander Jones could have a field day with Geron Christian, and that is a big matchup to watch.  The running game is going to have to get going, and is going to have to rely on moving the ball consistently and not on the big play.  

I expect this to be a track meet on Arizona's end, and I don't think we can keep up with them. 

15 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Slowing down should improve his accuracy. But I don’t think the left side of the OL is going to make him feel comfortable enough to do it consistently, even when he does have the time. 

He had the fastest last year to though. By a full half second over the 2nd place guy. Kirk Cousins. And the 2 were the only players under 3 seconds. He was a full second faster than near every other qb in the league.

He just likes getting the ball out quick. And a full playbook worth of plays should cater to the speed he likes to get rid of the ball. Not force him to slow down. Let him do whats natural.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We are going to get trounced.  It's not Week 1 anymore.  Kyler Murray will be effective on the ground and through the air- we will have to designate a spy for him, and I imagine Kingsbury is going to use his legs as much as possible to get him away from the pass-rush, as well as short, quick tempo passes to neutralize the defensive line.  Expect them to target Apke again with Nuk Hopkins.  

On offense, Patrick Peterson and Budda Baker can take McLaurin out of the game.  Chander Jones could have a field day with Geron Christian, and that is a big matchup to watch.  The running game is going to have to get going, and is going to have to rely on moving the ball consistently and not on the big play.  

I expect this to be a track meet on Arizona's end, and I don't think we can keep up with them. 

I think it makes sense to make Collins the spy. He’s fast,  a sound tackler around the like of scrimmage and we all know he’s just average in coverage so taking him out of coverage to spy Kyler & watch for Drake leaking out won’t hurt us much.

Really on D our only chance is to be aggressive like we were in the 2nd half vs the 🦅 . We can’t sit back and wait otherwise they’ll trounce us, which they probably will regardless.

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

Containing murray isn't happening, I would rather focus on terrorizing him.  He is going to make some plays, but we can hit him a lot and get him off his game. 

The key is really the offense needs to control the clock.  We need to fix this running game.

Can’t fix t he run game until our OL can block.

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

He had the fastest last year to though. By a full half second over the 2nd place guy. Kirk Cousins. And the 2 were the only players under 3 seconds. He was a full second faster than near every other qb in the league.

He just likes getting the ball out quick. And a full playbook worth of plays should cater to the speed he likes to get rid of the ball. Not force him to slow down. Let him do whats natural.

At the same time, rushing to get the ball out- even if it is just him- isn't a good thing.  Mechanics can be off, as well as not working through all of the progression to find the open receiver, etc. 

Haskins getting the ball out in 2.25 and also the fastest last year. I'd think that means he's not getting second and third reads. The first read seems to be the option- open or not . See above - we were thinking the same thing - almost posted simultaneously !

Edited by RSkinGM