Week 2: Washington Football Team (1-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-0) 4 PM on FOX

MikeT14

@naptownskinsfan @RSkinGM Check the film. It was more his accuracy getting in his way than the play not being there. He sees the first option. If theyre jammed up then he fires on the second.

And check the stats on these 2. Peyton and Brady were year after year the fastest at sub 2.5 levels. Peyton his Super Bowl with the Broncos was 2.33. The year before Brady lead the league with 2.4 and also won a Super Bowl.

Its a trait you nurture, not hinder. He needs to set himself and fire more accurately is the problem I see. Few passes sailed on him, few were at receivers feet. But on target the play would have been there. If completing those passes, everyone would be praising how fast his release is instead of thinking he needs to hold it longer. The plays were there to be had.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

He had the fastest last year to though. By a full half second over the 2nd place guy. Kirk Cousins. And the 2 were the only players under 3 seconds. He was a full second faster than near every other qb in the league.

He just likes getting the ball out quick. And a full playbook worth of plays should cater to the speed he likes to get rid of the ball. Not force him to slow down. Let him do whats natural.

Well, that’s just not true.  

1st) Haskins had the 9th longest time to throw last year. 

2nd) Kirk had the longest time to throw last year. 

3rd) Haskins’ footwork/mechanics look a mess on these quick throws. It’s doing more harm than good. 

29 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, that’s just not true.  

1st) Haskins had the 9th longest time to throw last year. 

2nd) Kirk had the longest time to throw last year. 

3rd) Haskins’ footwork/mechanics look a mess on these quick throws. It’s doing more harm than good. 

Hmm. I believe I mistook a 1 week avg for a season avg.

But still it remains. He can work on his mechanics and hit the accuracy. Then the speed needs be capitalized on.

46 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Hmm. I believe I mistook a 1 week avg for a season avg.

But still it remains. He can work on his mechanics and hit the accuracy. Then the speed needs be capitalized on.

You replace the worst LT and LG he may have time to work on his accuracy. He already has the knowledge and ability to get the ball out quick. Give protection witch increases confidence, that than can turn into more accurate throws. 

You can't say he's not accurate with the play of his Oline. 

Seems to me that everyone is over valuing the AZ Cardinals. They are an "ok" team- that took advantage of a poor Jimmy G outing. Our defense is fast - really fast - and should match up very well against the Air Raid. 

Don't forget that Kyler is a young QB. Take away his first two progressions and he wants to Run. JDR will exploit that and I bet he makes a bunch of mistakes and/or gets hurt. My prediction -

Wash 24

Cards 20

9 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Seems to me that everyone is over valuing the AZ Cardinals Washington Team. They are an "ok" team- that took advantage of a poor Jimmy G offensive line outing. Our Their defense is fast - really fast - infused with talent and should match up very well against the Air Raid inexperienced WSH offense. 

Don't forget that Kyler Haskins is a young QB. Take away his first two progressions and he wants to Run forces throws. JDR Vance will exploit that and I bet he makes a bunch of mistakes. My prediction -

Wash Cards 24 27

Cards WFT 20 16

I did a thing cause it worked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

Seems to me that everyone is over valuing the AZ Cardinals. They are an "ok" team- that took advantage of a poor Jimmy G outing. Our defense is fast - really fast - and should match up very well against the Air Raid. 

Don't forget that Kyler is a young QB. Take away his first two progressions and he wants to Run. JDR will exploit that and I bet he makes a bunch of mistakes and/or gets hurt. My prediction -

Wash 24

Cards 20

I just don't see us able to contain their receivers.  Hopkins is explosive, and a top 3 WR in the NFL.  Fitzgerald remains one of the best route runners with the surest set of hands in the league.  Christian Kirk isn't a pushover either, and is a #2 on any team in the NFL.  Even if we double Hopkins, he's still going to get his.  If they double McLaurin, they're able to put Patrick Peterson and Budda Baker on him, two top five guys at their positions.  We're putting Ronald Darby and Troy Apke on Hopkins, both of whom got abused by the Eagles last week.  I guess I am also not seeing the team speed that is going to keep up with the Air Raid either.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Troublez said:

Wash 24

Cards 20

Kyler rushed for 91 yards and a TD vs the 49ers, I’m not sure I want him running.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just don't see us able to contain their receivers.  Hopkins is explosive, and a top 3 WR in the NFL.  Fitzgerald remains one of the best route runners with the surest set of hands in the league.  Christian Kirk isn't a pushover either, and is a #2 on any team in the NFL.  Even if we double Hopkins, he's still going to get his.  If they double McLaurin, they're able to put Patrick Peterson and Budda Baker on him, two top five guys at their positions.  We're putting Ronald Darby and Troy Apke on Hopkins, both of whom got abused by the Eagles last week.  I guess I am also not seeing the team speed that is going to keep up with the Air Raid either.  

Agreed. I will say while we have team speed - particularly at DB - those guys need to be in the right place to make plays. As you eluded to, Apke had a rough first game and from what I can tell Collins blew the coverage on the play where Darby got beat by Reagor, maybe not, but Collins had his eyes in the backfield while Reagor ran right past him while Darby was chasing him. Collins starts to make a move to turn around and run, but by then it’s too late.

Apke & KPL got burned by Goddert for a TD mostly bc once again Apke was late to react to the throw, if Apke does his job then that pass isn’t completed. KPL got shook out of his jock by Ertz for the Eagles first TD and Apke was flat footed twice and could’ve given up two huge plays to DJax & Reagor but Wentz overshot each guy, probably because of our DL pressure.

The key for us is pressure and containing Murray. The 49ers did not go a good job containing murray as he rushed for 91 yards and a TD. And, while the Cardinals OL isn’t great, their OL is better than the beat up version of the Eagles OL that we faced last week which was missing 3 starters - both OTs - and their All-Pro RG.

We just have a really, really tall task infront of us on defense, if we can hold them to 24 like the 49ers did and our left side can somehow not give up more than 1 sack each to Chandler Jones and Jordan Phillips, we can win, but I just don’t see it.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, offbyone said:

Containing murray isn't happening, I would rather focus on terrorizing him.  He is going to make some plays, but we can hit him a lot and get him off his game. 

The key is really the offense needs to control the clock.  We need to fix this running game.

I agree and this is how to slow down this type of Off that is to shorten the game.  The problem is the Off is its early infancy stage therefore they really are unaware of what they are capable of. We have no RG and we have a young QB. The D will have to carry this team early and often b/c it might take longer for this Off to find its rhythm. So we may have to win this way for a while. This is just the wrong time and wrong team to be playing this early in the season.  Certainly looks bad on paper.