Week 2: Washington Football Team (1-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-0) 4 PM on FOX

MikeT14

Just now, MosEisley said:

Why do you even touch it Cam? Back to the practice squad.

Because that's what he's supposed to do. Had he not, there's also a chance that Danny Johnson's bat would have rolled back into the end zone.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:
9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah but you guys shouldn't be too disappointed with these results. Isn't this about what you expected?

I think the Eagles just got your guys expectations too high. We are probably more like a 6-10 or 7-9 team than the 9-7 to 11-5 team Eagles fans like I hoped for.

Week 1 against you guys wasn't a fluke.

It's still a good win though. You got to see your talented DL feast against us with Wentz as a statue behind an OL that didn't have cohesion.

That was a nice early win for Rivera that wasn't expected, but Murray is gonna be one of those to have a big 2nd year jump, because he's really talented. He also is elusive and not gonna easily be sacked like Wentz with his eyes downfield on a bunch of longer developing routes.

I like Ron Rivera and think you guys have some good offensive pieces for Scott Turner to work with, but I think you need a more talented QB and just being a bad team one year longer will do your team wonders. I don't think you'll be bad enough to get the #1 pick and take Lawrence, but if you could get Fields or Lance..... you'll be a team to watch out for in 2022 and beyond. 

Not necessarily. I expected a loss this week but I expected us to be competitive. The difference is I don’t think Haskins is the problem and you do. Look at the roster. Look up and down the offense and outside of McLaurin who of these guys besides Scherff would start elsewhere? You can’t win without talent. 

Yeah, I could tell you guys were on cloud nine after making us look like a peewee team, but that's the point I'm trying to make.

That game wasn't impressive cause it turns out we suck too and had a lot of mental lapses. It's not like our individual blocking was that terrible. A lot of things just went wrong and we kept dropping Wentz back with play action and longer developing routes for you guys to tee off against him and you took advantage of our poor play calling and lack of cohesion on the o-line and with blitz pick-ups.

I don't think Haskins is a bad QB and the book is still being written on him, but I don't think he's very athletic and doesn't have great arm talent which is what the league is trending towards. He's a guy who can maybe keep an offense moving and be a top 20 starter or good back-up. I just don't know if you want to bank on him as your future. You might want to draft another QB in the first like a Trey Lance or Justin Fields who are threats with their legs and have more arm talent. That's just where I would be if I was a Washington fan. I think one of those guys could make better work out of a bad OL than Haskins can too like Wilson, Murray, Jackson, and so on do for their teams.

I'm legit not trolling. I think McLaurin is a good threat at all 3 levels of the field and the pass catching backs you have are a good fit for the Air Coryell that Turner runs. 

At this point I'm hoping you guys do well with Haskins, because you would be the team I'm more afraid of going forward if you can get one of the top 3 QB prospects in next years draft. I'm not exactly ever gonna be scared of Haskins, even if he develops into a top 16 or so guy. Giants don't have a good GM and Daniel Jones while I like him more than Haskins is more of a good one read guy with a nice deep ball. Dallas has Prescott who is good, but they have to pay him big $$$ and that will hurt their roster building efforts. You guys with an ultra talented rookie QB and a lot of cap room to work with is scary if you can draft well and bring in some good big FAs.

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I harped on it all off-season and @e16bballhas done so a lot lately as well. What Rivera did in free agency was embarrassing. He can get a pass for it from a lot of you but he doesn’t get it from me. He’s not a rookie in this league and he knows you need talent to win. He took a season off because he has full immunity right now. It’s a joke. 

• Like 1

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Unfortunately, I think we’ll finish with a good enough record to pick outside the top 5 and miss out on drafting an immeadiate game-changing player in the 1st two years in a row. 

Giamts might pick 1st overall without Saquon. 

We have to be bad enough to get Sewell. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I harped on it all off-season and @e16bballhas done so a lot lately as well. What Rivera did in free agency was embarrassing. He can get a pass for it from a lot of you but he doesn’t get it from me. He’s not a rookie in this league and he knows you need talent to win. He took a season off because he has full immunity right now. It’s a joke. 

How can you say this when they tried to sign a WR and TE? The players rejected us.

Just now, Woz said:
1 minute ago, mar29020 said:

can we just be horrible and get trevor Lawrence???

I don't think Lawrence would do all that much better with the left side of the line in this state.

He would take some lumps, but I think you're underestimating him. 

I think you guys could draft a QB in round 1, then come back in round 2 and get a good OT prospect. Shoot....... you could get two North Dakota State prospects in the first 2 rounds with Trey Lance somewhere in the top 10 (not sure where y'all will pick this far out) and then his LT Dillon Radunz lol

2 minutes ago, MosEisley said:

How can you say this when they tried to sign a WR and TE? The players rejected us.

They offer they made to Cooper had laughably low guaranteed money and the Browns made a better offer to Hooper. The team even said Hooper got out of their price range. They didn’t make good faith efforts. 

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Unfortunately, I think we’ll finish with a good enough record to pick outside the top 5 and miss out on drafting an immeadiate game-changing player in the 1st two years in a row. 

Giamts might pick 1st overall without Saquon. 

Do you think Fields and Lance both go in the top 5?

I would think one of them could be available if you land at like 8 or 9 in the draft order. Obviously QBs get pushed up, but Lance isn't gonna be able to play this season which is pretty big for him. He really could've used that game against Oregon this year.