Week 2: Washington Football Team (1-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-0) 4 PM on FOX

MikeT14

@e16bball Understood but at the same time they did improve w/ the addition of Isaiah Simmons and Phillips. You can’t possibly feel comfortable w/ the left side of our OL going up against the athleticism of Jones & the power of Phillips. Phillips is 340 pounds, I think he’s going to overpower Martin. I sure hope I’m wrong, but I saw Martin get bowled over last week bc of bad technique vs a guy who’s about his size so I’m worried that Phillips will have his way with him.

Again, hope I’m wrong but that’s a big concern.

15 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

With all that about the Cards D tell me what about the Washington offense scares them? How can Washington beat their D? 

I assume nothing about the Washington offense scares them. I’ve been pretty vocal in saying that the guys they’ve put around Haskins are probably the worst group in the NFL. And if McLaurin was to get hurt, probably among the worst in the recent history of the NFL. 

That said, the topic of that discussion was Arizona’s defense — not Washington’s offense. But if you’re asking to compare the two, I think their defense is certainly better than our offense. 

• Like 1

I don’t buy the idea that Kendall Fuller has a knee issue in week one that prevents him from playing, then suddenly plays week two.

I’d imagine that he won’t play unless the injury was very minor, which would make me question why he would play week one.

Key here is that is we get him injury free whenever he is able, so we best try to avoid re-injury. 

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

The Cardinals’ defense is not good. They were 28th by points and dead last by yards on defense last season. 

They were decent against the Niners last week, and it’s entirely possible that our moribund offense will make them look good this week, but there’s not much track record there at this point to think those guys are some kind of tough test defensively. 

People are real fired up to crown the Cardinals right now, but as far as I’m concerned, until further notice, they are who we thought they were. 

^^This 100% - I am having a hard time believing that we are in any way shape or form an underdog (other than Vegas' odds makers have us pegged that way).  The Cardinals Defense is not very good - I do not care what FA stats you throw out, they aren't good. Jordan Phillips name was no where on the stat sheet and Simmons looked like complete GARBO TIME last week. He looked lost and from what I remember, he barely even played. I watched the game in its entirety to see what to expect this weekend. This is a winnable game. Murray is in for a rude awakening.

Redskins 2-0. 

Edited by Troublez
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I assume nothing about the Washington offense scares them. I’ve been pretty vocal in saying that the guys they’ve put around Haskins are probably the worst group in the NFL. And if McLaurin was to get hurt, probably among the worst in the recent history of the NFL. 

That said, the topic of that discussion was Arizona’s defense — not Washington’s offense. But if you’re asking to compare the two, I think their defense is certainly better than our offense. 

Yet the goal is to beat their Defense. At least you can admit that's more than likely not possible with this offense. 

Seemed more like you were putting Cardinals D down as though this would be a Easy Win for Washington's Offense. 

14 minutes ago, Troublez said:

^^This 100% - I am having a hard time believing that we are in any way shape or form an underdog (other than Vegas' odds makers have us pegged that way).  The Cardinals Defense is not very good - I do not care what FA stats you throw out, they aren't good. Jordan Phillips name was no where on the stat sheet and Simmons looked like complete GARBO TIME last week. He looked lost and from what I remember, he barely even played. I watched the game in its entirety to see what to expect this weekend. This is a winnable game. Murray is in for a rude awakening.

Redskins 2-0. 

What does the Offense have to beat their Defense? People are really overlooking that and making ridiculous arguments of how Washington could possibly win this game. 

Our offense is worst than their Defense. To win this game Our D will have to be lights out like they were against Philly. Putting tons of pressure on Murray and keeping him in the pocket. 

Our offense has no Fire Power to get in a shoot out with ANY TEAM. Points Win games! Unless our Poor Offense can score on their D this argument makes no sense when it comes to getting a W. 

3 hours ago, Troublez said:

Redskins 2-0. 

Good deal, you and @e16bball have made me feel better about our offense vs the Cardinals defense. 

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think Saadiq Charles & Wes Scherweitzer practiced the last few days, they weren’t listed on the injury report - but Kendall Fuller & Cole Holcomb were - and they were in griffinvison’s pictures.

They did but Shaadiq and Wes are listed as questionable. Or they were this morning. Dont know if thats changed.

Be nice to have them. But rather see them play it safe than rush them out because its only the 2nd game of the season.

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

The Cardinals’ defense is not good. They were 28th by points and dead last by yards on defense last season. 

They were decent against the Niners last week, and it’s entirely possible that our moribund offense will make them look good this week, but there’s not much track record there at this point to think those guys are some kind of tough test defensively. 

People are real fired up to crown the Cardinals right now, but as far as I’m concerned, until further notice, they are who we thought they were. 

The Cardinals defense went through last year what we are going through right now- switching a defensive front.  And as I've stated with at least 20 years of numbers, no unit does well in their first year changing defensive systems.  Not only that, but one of their best players was missing for half of the season.  

This is a defense with three All-Pros- Chandler Jones (twice), Patrick Peterson (four times) and Budda Baker (once.).  They've added some more talent through the draft and free agency this year.  They have two players who can effectively double-team our best player, and two pass-rushers who can collapse the side of our line with our worst players.  

I think this can be a legit defense.  Even if they are not, things are lining up so that their strengths are aligned with our weaknesses and will allow them to exploit them.  

Guys...I'm only gonna say this once.

I was pretty disappointed in many of you last week. 

The .gif game was moribund, to say the least. 

Get it together. Have .gifs on stand-by. 

But let's have more than just 2 or 3 people posting them... mmmkay???

P.S. - you're all on double secret probation