Week 2: Washington Football Team (1-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-0) 4 PM on FOX

MikeT14

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

Phillips didn’t enter the stat sheet in any way on his 31 snaps, not a sack or a tackle or an assist or a QB hit to be found

he def hit the qb, should've prob had the sack on the play, tho jimmy escaped with the help of an oline barely getting in the way

i thought he played well

destroyed trent williams on the goalline 4th down to make the rb slow down and cut back

and had good penetration thru the 1st half

and our defense is kinda completely different than last year. 

we basically added kennard, phillips, cambell and zach allen as starters to our front 7. instead of suggs (who was terrible), mlb reddick (who was terrible) for half the year and got replaced by joe walker (who was terrible), rodney gunter (who is fine), and jon bullard (who got cut this year). and we got olb reddick, isaiah simmons, angelo blackson as depth. 

PP was suspended for 6 gms iirc and then sucked until like the last 4ish gms, contract year this year. Swearinger was prob the worst safety in the lg until he got cut. Rookie Byron Murphy. we played a lot of snaps from dudes who aren't even in the nfl this year last year. idt last year's team has much to do with this year's.

plus two plays by simmons accounted for 70% of the 49ers points lol. i doubt he will play as bad and if he does he doesn't have to play

• Like 1

I just watched all the sacks again, I’m pretty sure there are no more than two that I’d even consider classifying as a traditional “coverage sack.” There was another one where Kerrigan blew up the screen and Wentz had to eat the ball. 

Otherwise, I think they were pretty much on him instantly in a lot of these cases. I guess on some of those plays he did hold the ball for a while — but it was just because he was evading and attempting to escape the guys who had him in their grasp. 

Here are all the sacks, for anyone who wants to check for themselves:

• Like 2

Raheem Mostert 76 Yard Touchdown Pass! - Cardinals vs 49ers - 2020 NFL Season W1

Watch on Youtube

It should be noted that the Cardinals allowed 7.13 yards per target to running backs last year, which was the eighth-most in the league. 

Edited by 4209
  • Like 1

I gotta say - I saw and if you look you'll see Logan Thomas did actually make a coupla good blocks. One is on one of Barber's touchdowns . He stoned #58 and sealed him outside and on another I saw him in motion to his left and he sealed the inside very well. He's not a totally liability as a blocker and he'll get coached up I bet !

This might actually be a good value signing rather than a $$$$ name .

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

I just watched all the sacks again, I’m pretty sure there are no more than two that I’d even consider classifying as a traditional “coverage sack.” There was another one where Kerrigan blew up the screen and Wentz had to eat the ball. 

Otherwise, I think they were pretty much on him instantly in a lot of these cases. I guess on some of those plays he did hold the ball for a while — but it was just because he was evading and attempting to escape the guys who had him in their grasp. 

Here are all the sacks, for anyone who wants to check for themselves:

Yeah, that’s what I thought while watching the game.