Week 2: Washington Football Team (1-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-0) 4 PM on FOX

MikeT14

4 hours ago, 4209 said:

Look at the erect stance of these OL. I'm sure Del Rio toke notice. 

The so odd, are you sure it’s not before they are finally set before the snap? OL often are up that high but then drop a bit lower right before the ball is snapped.

This is obviously going to be a pass play too and the 49ers are playing it that way, look how wide Armstead (91) is set up vs Beachum(68).

18 hours ago, 4209 said:
Nearly 65% of Washington’s coverages operated with a single high free safety. They desperately need better play from Apke, they’ll get abused if he plays like he did against Philadelphia. Otherwise, free safety is the top need on the defense.

For sure. I don’t know how long they can stick w/ him at FS if his recognition doesn’t improve over the next few games.

20 hours ago, 4209 said:

Yep, that’s what I thought when watching the play. If Apke had better recognition, it’s either an incompletion or maybe he even picks it off but he was slow to react like most of the deep balls all game which is very concerning. Hopefully as he gets more snaps he improves but right now his play and the play of the left side of our OL has to be the biggest concerns for the season moving forward.

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, 4209 said:

Raheem Mostert 76 Yard Touchdown Pass! - Cardinals vs 49ers - 2020 NFL Season W1

Watch on Youtube

It should be noted that the Cardinals allowed 7.13 yards per target to running backs last year, which was the eighth-most in the league. 

That’s good news for Gibson and McKissic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

I just watched all the sacks again, I’m pretty sure there are no more than two that I’d even consider classifying as a traditional “coverage sack.” There was another one where Kerrigan and Moreland blew up the screen and Wentz had to eat the ball. 

Otherwise, I think they were pretty much on him instantly in a lot of these cases. I guess on some of those plays he did hold the ball for a while — but it was just because he was evading and attempting to escape the guys who had him in their grasp. 

Here are all the sacks, for anyone who wants to check for themselves:

FTFY

The important thing is going to be hitting Murray. 2 sacks could be a great thing as long as were hitting him I believe is more important in this one then actual sacks. We have a size disadvantage with our DB’s to their WR’s but i think this game is really key to the communication on the back end.
We are asking a lot from Apke who needs to be broken down on film so he can improve week to week. He has the talent if they can coach him up week too week so he can read and react instead of getting caught flat footed this defense can only go up on the back end. 

This is a real chance for our young unproven DB’s to play above the rim and get some respect playing against super talented proven vets. I expect them to make mistakes but the key is as the game goes on growing up and making plays and hitting them back later. So hopefully we can atleast effect Murray with our pass rush and if we can protect the ball and our QB for more then 2 seconds if we can force a mistake or two we can be in this game. I don’t expect a W. Arizona with Murray and Simmons Hop, Fitzgerald Baker Patrick P Jones I mean I can go on they are super talented. Hopefully we’re just to young to not know what we don’t know and we atleast punch them back in the mouth and they know who we are at the end

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 10:51 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Guys...I'm only gonna say this once.

I was pretty disappointed in many of you last week. 

The .gif game was moribund, to say the least. 

Get it together. Have .gifs on stand-by. 

But let's have more than just 2 or 3 people posting them... mmmkay???

P.S. - you're all on double secret probation

On behalf of the rest of the forum:

tenor.gif

The lack of preseason hurt the forum too.

Edited by Woz

On 9/18/2020 at 12:06 AM, 4209 said:
Nearly 65% of Washington’s coverages operated with a single high free safety. They desperately need better play from Apke, they’ll get abused if he plays like he did against Philadelphia. Otherwise, free safety is the top need on the defense.

On 9/18/2020 at 12:07 AM, 4209 said:

On 9/18/2020 at 12:11 AM, 4209 said:

Earl Thomas is available ...