Titans fan 617

GDT: Jaguars (1-0) at Titans (1-0)

7 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think they brought the heat and we just couldn't block. Jags DC was all over those screens. It makes it pretty obvious when Jonnu Smith is just randomly lined up at RB. I think he's gotten he ball every time we've lined him up there.

the offensive line has just been middling to bad both weeks. really hope they get it together soon, we're not gonna survive against better teams like this

I've always liked Minshew, even before he was drafted I was watching him for us as a Mariota replacement. He also benefitted from a lot of YAC today and his pass-catchers absolutely balled out on the low percentage catches today. Whether they were contested or just badly placed balls by Minshew and they made really good out of frame catches.

20 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Jonnu Smith’s official breakout game coming up.

*clears throat*

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Prince Amukamura should be signed by now. 

I don’t understand how we’re contending for a Super Bowl but we rather keep playing inexperienced rookies hoping for the best than guys that can help immediately & are good 

As a defense I feel like we've allowed way too many yards on short crossers for too many consecutive years now. Just put a robber there and make them do something else.

Win is a win though. Find ways to win, but man was that defense and some of Art’s late calls were scary.

• Like 1

Henry needs to get his ish together. He is 100% not running as hard as he did last year. Way too patient. Maybe this is just something we have to live with with him? Basically a no show to the first 5-8 games then turning it on? Lets hope not.

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I've always liked Minshew, even before he was drafted I was watching him for us as a Mariota replacement. He also benefitted from a lot of YAC today and his pass-catchers absolutely balled out on the low percentage catches today. Whether they were contested or just badly placed balls by Minshew and they made really good out of frame catches.

it did feel like we had a *ton* of 50/50 balls go against us. almost reminded me of bortles' one good year throwing up prayers to robinson and hurns lol, though minshew is obviously better

I felt it was going to be a blowout win.....a close win...or an embarrassing loss.  
Somehow it kind felt like all of the above..lol

Defense was tissue paper and I can't really say it was the calls that were the problem. It was mix of Minshew getting rid of the ball super fast and the secondary not being able to cover.  Also bad tackling and gap responsibility.

I didn't like Arthur Smith's toss call to Henry on a short yardage play. I think that should have been a muscle it up in there call. 

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Henry needs to get his ish together. He is 100% not running as hard as he did last year. Way too patient. Maybe this is just something we have to live with with him? Basically a no show to the first 5-8 games then turning it on? Lets hope not.

He’ll be fine remember he always starts slow beginning of the season if you want something positive to look at, but you right at times he’s too damn patient & not hitting the hole when it’s there

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

He is definitely an NFL Starter.  I'm not sure I'd make him the center piece of an offense. I think if were in the Tannehill role, good strong running game, play action opportunity to deal the ball like he did today, you can win with him.
I think he is actually better than Mayfield.  

I don't know where to rank him. Would he stop me from drafting a top QB?  I don't know. Maybe.  But I don't think he is a superstar franchise QB. He is the type of QB you win 8,9, maybe 10 games on a good year. Maybe a playoff game. 
I said Andy Dalton and I think that is where I'd put him. Dalton at his peak. 

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He’ll be fine remember he always starts slow beginning of the season if you want something positive to look at, but you right at times he’s too damn patient & not hitting the hole when it’s there

Teams are selling their soul to stop him.  Playaction is wide open and passing lanes are there because of it. 
He might not have a HOF season, but he can easily get 1100 yards 9 TDs or so. 

But yeah lets see what it look likes in the winter. 

Also I agree, his feet get stopped to frequently lately.  Need another Eddie conversation? lol

15 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I don’t understand how we’re contending for a Super Bowl but we rather keep playing inexperienced rookies hoping for the best than guys that can help immediately & are good 

Chris Jackson isn't getting it done in the slot. I'd have to go back and look at it again to see how he did numbers wise, but didn't seem like he could guard anyone. 
We need to explore a vet or two. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Chris Jackson isn't getting it done in the slot. I'd have to go back and look at it again to see how he did numbers wise, but didn't seem like he could guard anyone. 
We need to explore a vet or two. 

Him & butler got roasted 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Teams are selling their soul to stop him.  Playaction is wide open and passing lanes are there because of it. 
He might not have a HOF season, but he can easily get 1100 yards 9 TDs or so. 

But yeah lets see what it look likes in the winter. 

Also I agree, his feet get stopped to frequently lately.  Need another Eddie conversation? lol

Yep I’m sure he’s going to get it together he’s hard on himself.