GDT: Jaguars (1-0) at Titans (1-0)

Titans fan 617

I’m just not going to let one week against an overhyped, mediocre Colts team distract me from the fact that the Jags are an actively tanking football team that players are celebrating getting away from.

Sure we could lose. But man, it would be massively disappointing against one of the least talented teams in the league. 

This genuinely isn’t me trolling, or thinking we’re an unstoppable juggernaut, I’m just not forgetting that this team was almost universally considered one of the two or three worst in football seven days ago.

56 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. But as you look around the league, a few teams are missing big pieces to their teams.

Minshew is going to get the ball out his hands early. So not looking for a lot of sacks.

Listening to Dean Pees on local radio, the key will be to clog the lanes for Minshew so he doesn't have clear views. 
I'm not riding high on the Minshew mania train. 

He is obviously an NFL QB. 
Is he more Andy Dalton or is he closer to a Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Idk what Minshew is ultimately as it's only year two, but I think your underrating him with these comps. Had the best year among rookie QBs last year, week 1 was statistically a top 3-5 QB in most metrics. He has his deficiencies but there's something there... especially considering the situation he's been put into.

Like I said, we'll see what team shows up with this youth but I think it'll be a good game.

Edit*

Saw the "tanking" post too. That's not what's happening despite what the national media says. Fournette was one of the least efficient RBs last year, Harrison got beat out at SS, and Bouye/Campbell were overpaid and/or didn't live up to their $ last year.

Either way, hope the game is good tomorrow.

I hope the Titans don’t come out an play a soft zone

I want to play man with the WRs and not allow Minshew to have easy completions to get into a groove

This Jags team is not that good the Titans are favored by 7.5 for a reason

Man up and let the pass rushers force Minshew into some bad throws and set the offense up in good field position most of the day